Sindh Court asks police to produce Hindu girls on April 9March 25th, 2009 - 7:06 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Mar. 25 (ANI): The Sindh High Court has ordered Karachi Police to recover and produce two Hindu girls, who reportedly converted to Islam, on April 9 to record their statements.
Earlier, Mohandas, the father of Monika Bai and Lilawanti, had alleged that a Maulvi at Mirpurkhas had abducted his daughters and converted them to Islam.
He further claimed that he was allowed to meet his daughters only in presence of an armed Madrassa official, who asked him to convert to Islam if wanted to reunite with his daughters.
The division bench has directed the Karachi Police to bring the girls in Judges chamber in absence of any Madrassa official.
However, Maulana Masood Baig of Jamia Binora, who is charged for kidnapping, appeared before the court claiming that girls had left their family on their own. And, they also filed a petition against their father, he added.
The bench decided to ascertain that girls are legally competent to decide for themselves whether they have converted. (ANI)
- Nurseries of tolerance: Hindus in Islamic seminaries (Feature) - Jul 07, 2011
- Pakistan Police to donate salary for flood relief - Sep 29, 2011
- Pakistani held for forcing Hindu girl to marry him - Aug 07, 2012
- FIR lodged against former Nazim for forcibly converting Hindu girl to Islam in Pak - Sep 15, 2010
- Girls outperform boys in Bihar's madrassa exams - Jul 01, 2010
- When the Indus became a river of sorrow (Floods in Pakistan - I) - Sep 03, 2010
- Wrong to say madrassas hub of terrorism: Author - Aug 12, 2011
- Masood Azhar back in business, says Pakistani paper - Sep 07, 2011
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- Girls sweep Bihar madrassa board results - Jun 02, 2011
- 10-year-old Jewish girl allowed to embrace Christianity - Aug 03, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus in duress, says daily - Mar 13, 2012
- 13-year-old Hindu Dalit girl abducted, forcibly converted to Islam by Pak mullahs - Sep 11, 2010
- Conversion of Pakistani Hindus condemned - Nov 12, 2011
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012