Sienna Miller gets PS35,000 breach of privacy compensation from tabloidsNovember 11th, 2008 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 11 (ANI): Sienna Miller has received 35,000 pounds in damages from two tabloid newspapers after they agreed over claims they had breached her privacy.
The actress had sued the Sun and News of the World over a series of what her lawyer said were intrusive articles and photos published in June and July, reports the Independent.
A series of features and pictures appeared in both titles and included coverage of the actor’’s alleged relationship with multimillionaire American actor Balthazar Getty soon after breaking off a relationship with Welsh actor Rhys Ifans.
During the alleged affair, Miller was photographed topless on a yacht with Getty.
Her solicitor, Mark Thomson, said terms of the settlement were approved by London’’s High Court, with the papers” publishers, News Group Newspapers, agreeing to pay the damages and costs.
Thomson cited a letter from Tom Crone, News Group Newspapers” senior lawyer, which said the papers admitted they had been at fault.
“I refer to your legal claim against News Group Newspapers, the publishers of the Sun and the News of the World, that was issued in July of this year, the letter said.
“We have now had an opportunity to look into this matter. We acknowledge that on the specific facts and circumstances of this case you had a reasonable expectation of privacy in respect of the information and the photographs that we published in the Sun and the News of the World.
“We also accept that we should not have published such information or such photographs,” it added. (ANI)
Tags: alleged relationship, american actor, balthazar getty, breach, damages, expectation of privacy, legal claim, mark thomson, multimillionaire, news group, news of the world, reasonable expectation of privacy, rhys ifans, sienna miller, solicitor, tabloid newspapers, tabloids, tom crone, welsh actor, yacht