Shashi Tharoor arrives in LahoreJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 3 (IANS) Indian parliamentarian Shashi Tharoor has arrived in Lahore with his wife Sunanda Pushkar on a personal visit, a media report said Tuesday.
Sunanda Pushkar, who is a Kashmiri pandit, told Geo News that she intends to show her husband the historical places in the city.
Tharoor, former Indian minister of state for external affairs and UN under-secretary general for Communications and Public Information, said there should be no war between Pakistan and India as the people of both the countries want peace.
He favoured direct trade between the two countries as indirect trade increases tax rates.
Tharoor and his wife were speaking to Geo News after arriving in Lahore.
- Tharoor-Pushkar finally get married in Kerala (Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor Ties The Knot With Sunanda Pushkar In Traditional Ceremony - Aug 22, 2010
- Sunanda watches Tharoor speaking in parliament - Mar 15, 2011
- I want to keep myself clear of IPL: Tharoor - Apr 20, 2011
- Tharoor, Pushkar are man and wife (Second Lead) - Aug 22, 2010
- Tharoor-Pushkar to wed before grandmother, visit Dubai, Spain - Aug 21, 2010
- Prowling paparazzi get a dose from Sunanda's father - Apr 13, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor's Stepson Has Bollywood Dreams! - Sep 09, 2010
- Tharoor joins Parliamentary Standing Committee on External Affairs - May 02, 2010
- Tharoor, Pushkar to tie the knot at ancestral home in Kerala - Aug 21, 2010
- It's official - Tharoor a divorcee - Aug 01, 2010
- Indian nationalism a rare animal: Tharoor - Sep 04, 2012
- With Tharoor's resignation, Africa loses an ardent friend - Apr 19, 2010
- Shashi Tharoor explanation questioned, compromise formula being explored - Apr 17, 2010
- Tharoor on parliamentary panel on external affairs - May 02, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,