Sharif wants Musharraf to be booked for violating constitutionApril 15th, 2009 - 2:41 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr 15 (ANI): Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif wants former President Pervez Musharraf to be booked for violating the constitution and sacking the judiciary.
Speaking at a function in Dubai, Sharif said Musharraf had “ignited a fire” in Balochistan by killing Baloch nationalist leader Nawab Akbar Bugti.
“The entire nation is suffering due to the killing of the Baloch leader and it is extremely essential to bring Musharraf to court,” he said.
The Daily Times quoted Sharif as saying that the former president had also derailed the process of composite dialogue with India by neglecting the Lahore Declaration that he had signed with the then Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
The PML-N chief said Pakistan did not need any foreign aid because its domestic needs could be met through its national resources.
Separately, in an interview with an Indian website, Nawaz said talks could be held with moderate Taliban including banned TTP chief Baitullah Mehsud.
He said he had no personal rivalry with President Asif Ali Zardari and only wanted to strengthen the democratic institutions in Pakistan. (ANI)
- Nawaz sees conspiracies in Pakistan apex court's defiance - Mar 25, 2012
- Baitullah killed Benazir with Musharraf's consent: Pak's UK envoy - Dec 26, 2009
- India supporting separatists, insurgent groups in Balochistan: Musharraf - Dec 27, 2010
- Musharraf accuses Nawaz of wanting to 'sell' Kashmir issue - Oct 10, 2010
- Nawaz rejects Musharraf's claim that Kashmir issue was sidelined in Lahore Declaration - Oct 07, 2010
- Pakistan's ex-brigadier ready to testify against Musharraf - Oct 09, 2010
- Ex-PM Nawaz's party lists charges against Musharraf - Oct 12, 2010
- "Nawaz worried with APML's very first bouncer": Musharraf - Oct 10, 2010
- Nawaz Sharif says punishing Bugti's killers would resolve Balochistan's problems: - Jan 05, 2010
- PML-N has no place for political schemers, says Nawaz Sharif - Feb 28, 2011
- 'Brainless' Nawaz will ruin Pak if re-elected as PM: Musharraf - Oct 03, 2010
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- Balochistan problems cannot be resolved at gunpoint: Sharif - Nov 28, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
Tags: akbar bugti, asif ali zardari, baitullah mehsud, balochistan, bihari vajpayee, composite dialogue, democratic institutions, foreign aid, indian prime minister, lahore declaration, national resources, nationalist leader, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, personal rivalry, pervez musharraf, pml n, president pervez musharraf, prime minister atal bihari