Shabab-e-Milli warns Pak hotels against allowing vulgar New Year celebrationsDecember 31st, 2008 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 31 (ANI): A wing of the Jamaat-e-Islami organisation, Shabab-e-Milli, has issued threats to the provincial administration and owners of five star hotels and restaurants in Karachi over New Year celebrations.
The group has warned of dire consequences if they allowed vulgar celebrations during the New Year.
We have requested the owners of hotels, motels and restaurants to refrain from Kharafaat (vulgar activities) during the holy month of Muharram, otherwise the Shabab-e-Millis baton force will not hesitate in taking necessary steps, the Daily Times quoted Milli President Muhammad Yousaf Munir as saying at a press conference held in Idara Noor-e-Haq.
We have requested the government to close all routes leading towards Seaview as well as close the wine shops. People buying wine should be arrested and given strict punishment.
If the administration will not comply with our request and vulgarity is seen in the name of New Year celebration, the government will be responsible for any situation, he added.
He also urged the youth and citizens to focus on praying rather than indulging in such useless festivities. (ANI)
- Kashmiri religious group issues dress code for tourists - Jul 04, 2012
- Sex worker sues motel for refusing room - Jul 23, 2012
- Whole nation will besiege Pak Parliament if Taseer's assassin given death sentence: ST - Jan 10, 2011
- Pakistan cleric offers reward to kill Christian woman - Dec 04, 2010
- Pak cleric puts bounty on blasphemy accused Christian woman - Dec 04, 2010
- How things get complicated when a friend is a service provider - Feb 15, 2011
- Change of heart? No V-Day rampage, promise Hindu outfits - Feb 12, 2011
- Moral brigades to keep off this Valentine's Day - Feb 12, 2012
- Moral brigades not to play spoilsport on Valentine's Day (Lead) - Feb 12, 2012
- Hindu radical outfit protests against Valentine's Day in Jammu and Kashmir - Feb 12, 2011
- Qazi asks government to snap-off ties with US - Feb 03, 2009
- Qazi asks Pakistan government to snap-off ties with US - Feb 03, 2009
- One dead in Bangladesh clash - Jan 30, 2012
- New Year party revellers to face high security in Chandigarh - Dec 30, 2010
- US behind attacks on holy places in Pak: JI - Nov 10, 2010
Tags: buying wine, festivities, five star hotels, jamaat e islami, milli, millis, month of muharram, muhammad yousaf, muharram, munir, necessary steps, new year celebration, new year celebrations, provincial administration, restaurants in karachi, seaview, shabab, strict punishment, vulgarity, wine shops