Seven killed, 80 injured in Pakistan road accidentAugust 29th, 2012 - 9:20 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 29 (IANS) At least seven people were killed and around 80 injured in a head-on collision between two buses on a highway in Pakistan’s Punjab province early Wednesday, media reports said.
The accident took place around 12.30 a.m. in Dera Ghazi Khan district, Xinhua reported citing Urdu TV channel Dunya.
The two buses hit each other on the Indus Highway near Kara area of Dera Ghazi Khan.
One bus was heading for Karachi, while the other was heading for Rawalpindi, and then for Peshawar.
The cause of the accident was not known.
In another accident Tuesday night, a passenger bus carrying 40 people slipped into a river while travelling on a flooded road in Pakistan-administered Kashmir, killing at least nine people.
- Five killed in Pakistan helicopter crash (Lead) - Jun 01, 2011
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- 10 killed in Pakistan accident - Jun 05, 2012
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 20 killed in Pakistan bus accident - Mar 27, 2012
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- 14 dead in Pakistan violence (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Bus washed away in Pakistan floods; nine dead - Aug 29, 2012
- Mastermind of Sakhi Sarwar terror blasts arrested in Pak's Bajaur Agency - Apr 10, 2011
- 23 die in China accident - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: buses, dera ghazi khan, dera ghazi khan district, head on collision, indus highway, karachi, kashmir, pakistan, passenger bus, punjab province, rawalpindi, road accident, tuesday night, tv channel, xinhua