Seven gunned down in Pakistani shopJune 3rd, 2012 - 5:44 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 3 (IANS) At least seven people, including two policemen, died Sunday after unidentified masked gunmen opened fire at a shop in Pakistan’s Quetta city, officials said.
The attack took place just hours ahead of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s two-day visit to the city, Xinhua reported. The city has been put on high alert for Gilani’s tour.
Police said four attackers armed with automatic guns and riding on two motorcycles reached a shop on Sirki road and opened fire at people present in the shop. The attackers hid their faces with masks.
Five people, including the owner of the shop and his son, died on the spot.
The attackers fled the spot but two policemen riding on a motorbike tried to stop them. The escaping militants sprayed bullets at the policemen, killing one on the spot.
The second policeman died from his injuries on way to a hospital.
Gilani will hold a special meeting on the restive condition of Balochistan province. The meeting will consider amending the existing rules and forming new laws for eliminating terrorism and maintaining law and order in the province.
- Two killed carrying policemen's salaries in Balochistan - Aug 16, 2012
- Six Shias shot dead in Pakistan - Apr 10, 2012
- Official shot dead in Pakistan's Quetta - Oct 08, 2011
- Balochistan CM strongly condemns killings of eleven people by gunmen in Gwadar - Mar 22, 2011
- Four policemen killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2012
- 12 Shias killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Oct 04, 2011
- 13 die as gunmen open fire in Pakistan city (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Gunmen attack bus carrying Shiite Muslims in southwestern Pakistan, killing 13 - Oct 05, 2011
- Pakistani teacher gunned down - Jun 20, 2012
- 9 killed in wave of sectarian violence in Quetta - Sep 01, 2012
- Intelligence official shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2012
- 11 die in Pakistan firing - Jul 30, 2011
- Four Shia pilgrims killed in Pakistan gun attack (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Aug 01, 2011
- Former Pakistan boxer Abrar shot dead in Quetta - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: attackers, automatic guns, bullets, city officials, gilani, gunmen opened fire, june 3, law and order, masked gunmen, masks, militants, motorbike, motorcycles, new laws, policeman, policemen, quetta city, raza, xinhua, yousuf