Sequel to Raaz being shot in MumbaiApril 15th, 2008 - 10:01 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Apr.15 (ANI): ‘Raaz 2′, another flick from the stable of Vishesh Films, which is a sequel to the earlier Bollywood film, is being shot in Mumbai, the countrys entertainment capital.
The horror film is being produced by brothers Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt and is being directed by Mohit Suri.
Mohit Suri who made his directorial debut with the film Zeher in 2005 and followed it up with Kalyug, Woh Lamhe (2006) and Awarapan is confident that this sequel will do well at the box office.
Raaz 2 stars Emraan Hashmi, Kangana Ranaut, Urvashi Sharma and Adhayayan Suman.
Adhayayan Suman, the son of well known TV host and film actor Shekhar Suman, told reporters on Tuesday that the film in which he was making his debut, was completely different from the original.
Looked at in the seclusion, this film would scare the people in Mumbai, Delhi or Kolkata. This would be completely a new take on horror films in India for first time,” he said.
Kangana Raut said: “I’m playing the character of a girl who is around 18-19 years old and is into modelling. She is hyper sensitive and she always tries to be happy. It is one of those characters which every girl can play.”
Bollywood is waking up to a new trend of sequels and remakes of the original version.
Mahesh and Mukesh Bhatt are the latest to join this bandwagon with the movie Raaz 2. The director, Vikram Bhatt, had directed the original Raaz, which enjoyed major success at the box office.
Raaz 2 is scheduled for release sometime this year. (ANI)
- 'Raaz 3' most important film of my life: Vikram Bhatt (Film Snippets) - Jun 30, 2011
- Mukesh Bhatt's son debuts as director with 'Murder 3' - Jun 17, 2012
- Mohit Suri to direct 'Aashiqui 2' with fresh faces - Feb 04, 2012
- Sequels are safe option: Mahesh Bhatt - Aug 10, 2012
- Shooting lovemaking scenes gives nightmares to director - Jun 27, 2011
- Beer bar singer, scriptwriter and now Pakistani film director - Jul 20, 2010
- Smiley Suri to make a comeback with 'Kalygug' sequel? - Sep 03, 2012
- 'Raaz 3' was tough for Bipasha - May 04, 2012
- Mahesh Bhatt had problems over 'Raaz: The Mystery…' trailer - Nov 08, 2008
- 'Aashiqui 2' likely to release on Valentine's Day - Jul 08, 2012
- 'Murder 2' is closer to our own production 'Sangharsh': Mahesh Bhatt - Jul 13, 2011
- I've said goodbye to direction: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview) - Apr 22, 2012
- Shilpa goes gaga over 'Agneepath' (Movie Snippets) - Jan 29, 2012
- Emraan back to locking lips on screen - Sep 10, 2010
- 'Aashiqui 2' bold move by Vishesh Films: Rahul Roy - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: bollywood film, countrys, directorial debut, emraan hashmi, film actor, horror film, horror films, kangana ranaut, mahesh, mohit suri, mukesh bhatt, mumbai delhi, new trend, raut, remakes, shekhar suman, tv host, vishesh films, woh lamhe 2006, zeher