Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead)March 15th, 2012 - 12:25 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 15 (IANS) A senior police official was killed Thursday when a suicide bomber targeted his car while he was on his way to work in Peshawar city, a media report said.
While superintendent of police-rural Peshawar Kalam Khan was killed in the suicide bombing at Pusht Khara Chowk, his driver and guard were injured, reported Geo News.
Police said at least six kilograms of explosives were used in the blast. The suicide bomber’s body parts have been found.
Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, has been hit by a string of terror attacks.
Just four days ago March 11, as many as 13 people were killed when a huge explosion ripped through a funeral prayer being held in the city.
On March 2, gunmen opened fire at Bashir Khan, an Intelligence Bureau inspector who was on his way to work on his motorcycle. His 13-year-old son was injured in the ambush.
On Feb 24, three policemen were killed and six injured when three heavily armed suicide attackers went on a shooting spree and hurled grenades at a police station in Peshawar. Hours later, a suspected terrorist was injured while planting a bomb. The brazen attack was carried out a day after a deadly car bomb killed over a dozen people and injured more than 20 in the city.
- 13 killed in blast at Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Five die in Peshawar blast (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 11 injured in Peshawar blast - Oct 27, 2011
- Terrorist, policeman killed in Pakistan gun-battle - Jan 28, 2012
- Two Americans killed in Peshawar suicide bombing (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Two die as suicide bomber targets US vehicle in Peshawar (Evening Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Intelligence official shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2012
- Nine dead in Pakistan suicide bombing (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- Suicide blast in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa - Jan 12, 2011
- Suicide bomber attacks Pakistan police station - Jan 14, 2012
- Four killed in Peshawar suicide blast - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: bashir, body parts, brazen attack, car bomb, deadly car, explosion ripped through, geo news, grenades, gunmen opened fire, intelligence bureau, kalam, khara, kilograms, police official, police station, policemen, shooting spree, suicide attackers, suicide bomber, terror attacks