Saudi Arabia tells Pakistani leadership to resolve internal differencesJanuary 14th, 2009 - 5:33 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.14 (ANI): Taking note of the deteriorating law and order situation and increasing differences between the leadership of the country, the Saudi Arabia has asked the Pakistani leaders to unite and resolve their internal differences through talks inorder to rescue the country from the current crisis.
Conveying the message of the Saudi King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, his brother Muqrin Bin Abdul Aziz said that: The Pakistani political leadership should show solidarity and resolve their internal differences through dialogue to bring the country out of prevailing crises.
He also conveyed the Saudi Kings concern about the precarious situation of the tribal areas of Pakistan, where the Taliban is virtually running a parallel government, and urged the leaders to work on improving law and order in the country, The Daily Times reported.
Top Pakistani leaders including the Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Nawaz Sharif, and Imran Khan were also present during the reception of the Saudi Prince and other officials at the Saudi embassy here. (ANI)
- Saudi offer to hike crude exports to India - Feb 14, 2012
- Salman Khurshid arrives for Saudi Arabian prince's funeral - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistan PM leaves for Saudi Arabia - Jul 15, 2012
- Saudi envoy calls on PM, reiterates cooperation with India - Mar 29, 2011
- Saudi prince's funeral services held in Mecca (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Pakistan shares Indian dossier on Mumbai attack with Saudi Arabia - Jan 14, 2009
- UAE leaders greet new Saudi crown prince - Jun 19, 2012
- China, Saudi Arabia pledge to promote exchanges - Jan 15, 2012
- Visiting Saudi governor invites Indian investment - Apr 12, 2010
- Saudi King Abdullah names Prince Salman crown prince - Jun 20, 2012
- Saudi king names new defence minister - Nov 06, 2011
- Saudi defence minister dead (Lead) - Oct 22, 2011
- Pakistan, Saudi Arabia to enhance cooperation - Aug 10, 2011
- Mumbai attacks: Saudi intelligence chief in Pakistan (Lead) - Jan 13, 2009
- India-Saudi ties get boost with Riyadh governor's visit (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
Tags: abdullah bin abdul aziz, al saud, crises, gilani, imran khan, internal differences, law and order, pakistani leaders, parallel government, political leadership, precarious situation, prime minister, saudi arabia, saudi embassy, saudi king abdullah, saudi prince, sharif, solidarity, taliban, tribal areas