Salman starts ‘free Sarabjit Singh’ campaign onlineJuly 1st, 2012 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 1 (IANS) Bollywood superstar Salman Khan has launched an online campaign for Sarabjit Singh, an Indian on death row in Pakistan. He is urging people to sign a petition that he plans to give to the Pakistan government in a bid to free Sarabjit.
“For over 20 years, Sarabjit Singh is in a Pakistan prison for a crime he did not commit. He and his family have suffered for too long. Please sign this petition to appeal to the Pakistan government that he be freed and united with his family in Punjab,” Salman posted on beinghumanonline.com.
Being Human, owned by the star, is an organisation that helps in spreading education and healthcare to under-privileged.
The 46-year-old launched the online petition Friday.
On Thursday, Pakistan released Indian prisoner Surjeet Singh. Earlier, reports had said that Pakistan was to free Sarabjit Singh, but later Islamabad clarified that it was another Indian prisoner named Surjeet Singh, and not Sarabjit Singh.
- Salman launches online petition for Sarabjit's release - Jun 30, 2012
- Support me to help free Sarabjit, Salman urges Pakistanis - Jun 29, 2012
- Salman's initiative will help in Sarabjit release: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Sarabjit and Surjeet: Shock in one home, joy in another (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Surjeet Singh, not Sarabjit Singh, to be released: Pakistan - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family shattered by Pakistan's 'cruel joke' (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- Sarabjit's family on indefinite fast; meets Krishna (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Surjeet home after 30 years, says he was a spy (Roundup) - Jun 28, 2012
- Krishna assures Sarabjit's family he will take up issue - Aug 17, 2012
- The wait ends: Surjeet Singh's family rejoices - Jun 27, 2012
- Jubilation to despair for Sarabjit's family - Jun 27, 2012
- India presses for Sarabjit's release, awaits confirmation (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
- I regret the day Surjeet Singh got released: Dalbir Kaur - Jul 02, 2012
- Soni appeals for Sarabjit's release - Jun 27, 2012
- India renews request for Sarabjit's release, awaits clear picture (Second Lead) - Jun 27, 2012