Salma Hayek calls off engagement to Francois-Henri PinaultJuly 19th, 2008 - 1:49 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 19 (ANI): Salma Hayek has called off her engagement to her baby daddy, billionaire Francois-Henri Pinault.
The duo had announced their engagement and Hayek’’s pregnancy last year (07), which was followed by the birth of daughter Valentina in September (07). They were expected to marry next spring (09).
“We are sad to announce the engagement of Salma Hayek and Francois-Henri Pinault has been cancelled,” USmagazine quoted Hayek’’s rep as saying in a statement to USA Today.
“There will be no further comment,” her rep added.
For Hayek, 41, getting married was an entirely different issue, as she told the April issue of Glamour that she didn”t feel the “need” to get married.
“Do I think we are going to get married? Probably. Will it make a difference? I hope not,” she said.
“You want to grow old with someone, you want to have a partner and to have children we have all those things.
“Some people need the commitment. Maybe we”ll just make the party!” she had added.
Valentina is the first child for Hayek, whereas Pinault, 45, already has two children from a previous marriage. (ANI)
- Salma Hayek dresses for billionaire hubby - Apr 03, 2012
- Bikini-clad Salma Hayek's beach outing with daughter - Dec 30, 2010
- Salma is proud of being a housewife - May 23, 2011
- Salma Hayek proud of Mexican roots - Aug 25, 2012
- I like financial independence: Salma - Oct 07, 2011
- Hayek wanted to be single parent - Apr 21, 2012
- Hayek takes husband's last name - May 16, 2010
- Salma Hayek's husband has a secret love child - Jul 03, 2011
- Salma Hayek to take up hubby's last name - May 16, 2010
- Salma won't go under the knife - Oct 13, 2011
- Salma Hayek shows off her assets during night out in LA - Sep 01, 2010
- Family my priority now: Salma Hayek - Jun 17, 2010
- Salma Hayek beats technophobia - Jun 09, 2010
- Salma Hayek honeymoons in Seychelles - May 08, 2009
- Hayek was about to quit acting - Aug 27, 2012