Roughed-up Pak comedian Shakeel vows to return to IndiaJanuary 16th, 2009 - 3:40 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan.16 (ANI): Unperturbed by the recent threats from the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) and Shiv Sena, famous Pakistani stand-up comedian Shakeel Siddiqui has said that he will return to India soon.
Talking to media after returning from India Siddiqui said that he is planning to revisit India as soon as possible.
Siddiqui was roughed-up by the MNS and Shiv Sena workers, and was forced out of a television studio in Mumbai recently. The agitating party workers had asked him to leave the country immediately.
I am not scared of them. I will return and go to every part of the world to promote Pakistan, The Daily Times quoted Siddiqui, as saying.
He also said that it was not important to seek any officials permission to return to India.
I do not need to ask officials for going to India, he said.
Shakeel shot to fame in India after he featured in the popular comedy show Comedy Circus. (ANI)
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- Did Shakeel Pass Unsavory Comments Against India? - Jul 30, 2010
- A son rises in Raj Thackeray's MNS too - Feb 06, 2012
- Pak Presence In 'Chhote Ustaad' Irks MNS - Jul 29, 2010
- Jubilance and disappointment after Maharashtra civic polls results - Feb 17, 2012
- Shiv Sena demands better price for sugarcane - Nov 08, 2011
- Uddhav, Raj part soon after joining mill workers' cause (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Assembly adjourned over free homes for mill workers - Jul 28, 2011
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- Chunky enjoys humour connect with young fans - Jul 26, 2012
- Barred from Shivaji Park, MNS threatens street rally - Feb 03, 2012
- MNS protests wrongful sacking of HSBC employees - May 04, 2012
- BJP eyeing Nashik mayor's post with MNS support - Feb 24, 2012
- Try standup comedy, Shekhar Suman exhorts women - Jul 31, 2012
- Stone-pelting cases: Raj Thackeray gets bail from Aurangabad court - Feb 09, 2011