Ronnie Wood finally checks into rehabJuly 17th, 2008 - 12:11 pm ICT by ANI
London , July 17 (ANI): Following a long standing battle with alcohol, Rolling Stone star Ronnie Wood finally checked into rehab - after disappearing for ten days with a Russian cocktail waitress.
Wood, a former alcoholic, started drinking again after he met Ekaterina Ivanova in a bar and has been consuming two bottles of vodka a day.
Following Ronnies continued battle with alcohol he has entered a period of rehab, The Sun quoted a spokesman for the star, as saying.
Ivanova, regularly visited the 61-year-old rocker in The Priory last month, and even stayed with him the last time he sought help.
According to sources, the part-time model and waitress stayed twice at the centre in Roehampton, South West London without any knowledge to Woods wife and family.
The liaison with the Russian waitress started when Ronnie had checked in after a wine-tasting session in the run up to his daughter Leahs wedding.
Everyone thought this girl must have been Ronnies daughter, but it quickly became apparent she wasnt. We then assumed she was a groupie, said a source.
And it was on July 16 that Ronnie finally left Ireland , where he had been with Ekaterina, after eventually answering calls from family and pals to get help.
It was also revealed that Ronnie did not participate in rehab meetings at the centre, even after checking in to beat the bottle. (ANI)
- Ronnie Wood enters rehab - 8th time - Jan 30, 2010
- Ronnie Wood reunites with ex - Feb 14, 2010
- Ronnie Wood's ex to move on - Sep 27, 2010
- Ronnie Wood's ex escaped pressures of divorce with Himalayas trip - Sep 30, 2010
- Rocker Ronnie Wood's divorce finalised - Jan 26, 2011
- Ronnie's latest album about failed romance - May 01, 2011
- Ronnie Wood 'asked Russian lover for one last night before dumping her' - Dec 10, 2009
- Ronnie Wood gets thumbs up from girlfriend's dad - Jun 16, 2010
- Ronnie Wood apologises to ex-wife - Mar 17, 2011
- Ronnie Wood reunites with Russian girlfriend - Feb 15, 2010
- Ronnie Wood's ex Jo feared he would 'drop dead due to drinking' - Feb 09, 2010
- Why Ronnie Wood ended his marriage to Jo - Sep 22, 2010
- Ex-girlfriend's gran brands Ronnie Wood 'monster' - Dec 12, 2009
- Rolling Stones to tour without Ronnie Wood? - Dec 21, 2009
- Mick Jagger tells Ronnie Wood 'quit booze or be dropped from tour' - Jan 03, 2010
Tags: alcohol, cocktail waitress, groupie, ireland, ivanova, july 17, last time, liaison, pals, part time, priory, rehab meetings, roehampton, rolling stone, ronnie wood, south west london, spokesman, time model, vodka, wine