Rockets fired at Pakistani politician’s houseAugust 20th, 2012 - 2:46 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 20 (IANS) The house of the chief of a Pakistani tribe, who is also a former member of the Balochistan provincial assembly, was attacked with rockets Monday, a media report said.
Four rockets were fired at the house of Sardar Abdur Rehman Khetran, chief of the Khetran tribe in Barkhan district of Balochistan, Dawn News reported.
The attack took place in Khetran near provincial capital Quetta.
Security forces began a probe, and no loss of life or property was reported.
Sardar Khetran belongs to the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) and has served as the party’s provincial vice-president in the past.
His wife, provincial minister Nasreen Rehman Khetran, also from the same party, had resigned from the assembly in February protesting the killing of the wife and daughter of another member, Mir Bakhtiar Domki, in Karachi.
- Rs.50 mn bounty on killers of Pakistani leader's family - Feb 12, 2012
- Strike over attack on family of Pakistan politician - Feb 04, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Pak Election Commission doubtful about degrees of 298 lawmakers - Jan 12, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- Just seven of 65 members turn up in Balochistan assembly - Aug 23, 2011
- Pak Punjab Assembly passes resolution against Musharraf - Oct 13, 2010
- Politicians criticise Pak Punjab Govt's 'media ban' - Jul 10, 2010
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- Pak NA body categorically rejects bill implying country's sovereignty needs protection - Jan 22, 2011
- 'Bankrupt' Pak Punjab Govt. has no money to pay salaries to employees: PML-Q - Jun 04, 2010
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010