Reports about Altaf Hussain being ill ‘baseless’, ‘unfounded’: MQMApril 9th, 2010 - 2:14 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Apr.9 (ANI): The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has rejected reports regarding its chief Altaf Hussain being seriously ill as ‘baseless’ and ‘unfounded.’
Senior MQM leader, Mustafa Azizabadi, said Hussain’s health in fine and he has been attending regular party meeting and participating in other activities.
When asked reports regarding Hussain undergoing treatment in Germany, Azizabadi said: “These are all rumours spread by ‘enemies’ and nothing more.”
MQM insiders said that Hussain is likely to address the Punjab convention at Lahore on April 25 by telephone, The News reports.
Hussain’s suspicious absence from Pakistan’s political scene amidst the recent chaos over the 18th Constitutional Amendment bill has raised questions over his well being.
The MQM’s silence over the party chief’s whereabouts has only added fuel to rumours.
When asked about the issue, MQM spokesperson, Salahuddin, neither confirmed nor denied reports regarding Hussain being ill.
The spokesman said that Hussain had addressed the party on March 16 and was in good health at the time.
According to sources, former Prime Minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) President Shujaat Hussain had recommended a homeopathic doctor in Germany to Hussain.
The MQM chief also did not meet President Asif Ali Zardari during his recent trip to London, and sources said that Hussain has been under medical treatment since that time. (ANI)
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- 'PML-Q, MQM agree to join hands in Pakistan's national interest' - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistan on the brink of economic collapse, says PML-Q - Jan 22, 2011
- Pakistan Army, ISI infected with cancer: MQM - May 28, 2011
- Pakistan's MQM chief hospitalised in London - Aug 29, 2011
- Apologise for security lapse on Osama: MQM chief - May 04, 2011
- 'Generals' have become burden on Pakistan's population: Altaf Hussain - Feb 01, 2011
- MQM for `referendum' after Osama killing (Lead) - May 12, 2011
- Zardari orders Sindh CM to address all reservations shown by MQM - Dec 29, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- 'International powers are active to eliminate me,' says MQM chief Altaf Hussain - Sep 27, 2010
- MQM set to rejoin PPP-led Pak coalition govt - Jan 07, 2011
- Only MQM can bring Pakistan out of financial crisis, corruption: Altaf Hussain - Feb 19, 2011
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- Altaf Hussain claims MQM enemies who killed Farooq now baying for his blood - Sep 25, 2010
Tags: altaf hussain, amendment bill, asif ali zardari, constitutional amendment, former prime minister, good health, homeopathic doctor, insiders, lahore, medical treatment, mqm karachi, muttahida qaumi movement, pakistan muslim league, party chief, pml, shujaat hussain, spokesman said that, spokesperson, trip to london, undergoing treatment