Regrouped LeJ planning terror strikes across country, warns Pak intelligenceMay 18th, 2010 - 3:02 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May 18 (ANI): Pakistan intelligence agencies have warned that the banned terror group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) has reorganised itself and may carry out attacks on prominent Shia leaders and top police officials across the country.
According to intelligence reports, the JeM has formed two new subgroups named- Jhangvi Fidai Force (JFF) and Sunni Fidai Force (SFF) to carry out terror attacks in various parts of the country.
The Interior Ministry’s National Crisis Management Cell’s (NCMC) report titled-”Information Report-104″, said the extremists have adopted new methods of targeting people, which was evident from last month’s suicide blast in a hospital in Quetta.
It may be noted that on April 16, a prominent Shia leader Arshad Zaidi was shot dead by some unidentified gunmen. The news about his death drew a huge crowd to the hospital where Zaidi’s dead body was kept.
A suicide bomber had then exploded himself outside the emergency ward of the hospital, killing over 12 persons and injuring many others.
The LeJ had claimed responsibility for the attack.
The NCMC report, which has been forwarded to all concerned authorities, including the Punjab Home Department, Punjab Police and others, said such incidents indicated that sectarian sentiments were on the rise and the LeJ was spearheading the violent campaign.
“These indicators shows that the LeJ has reorganised itself in collaboration with anti-state elements,” The Daily Times quoted the report, as saying.
“Increasing incidents of firing at police personnel in Lahore also appeared to speak of changing tactics of the terrorists,” the report added.
It also asked the media and political leaders to be vigilant.
“It is also recommended that members of union of journalists, press clubs, private TV channels, local religious and political leadership and police stay away from crime scenes, keeping in mind the present security scenario,” the report said. (ANI)
- Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claims responsibility for Quetta hospital suicide attack - Apr 17, 2010
- Lashkar-e-Jhangvi splitting into eight cells - Nov 18, 2010
- Pakistan's Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claims responsibility for Quetta blast - Sep 03, 2010
- Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Sipah-e-Sahaba working like 'paid killers' for Taliban :Malik - Jul 03, 2010
- Nearly 400 terror suspects likely to be released in Pak Punjab due to lack of evidence - Aug 26, 2010
- Pak Punjab police arrests 90 terror suspects in raids across province - Jul 13, 2010
- Five Pakistani paramilitary men killed - Jan 26, 2012
- TTP avenged Qari Zafar's death through SIA bomb attack - Mar 09, 2010
- Pak politician threatened for disclosing government-banned organizations nexus - Nov 22, 2010
- Four Shias shot dead in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 23, 2011
- Taliban expanding network in Pak's military, political heartland- Punjab - Jun 17, 2010
- 76 die in Pakistan bombings - Sep 03, 2010
- Karachi CID building attack underscores Pak jihadi groups' capability to "strike at will" - Nov 12, 2010
- Taliban as deadly and unmarked despite Pak Army's 'broken back' claims - Mar 13, 2010
- 28 dead, 213 hurt in Lahore suicide blasts - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,