Region to be unstable without Kashmir solution: Pakistani generalJune 30th, 2011 - 12:18 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 30 (IANS) The subcontinent is likely to “remain unstable” without the Kashmir issue being resolved, says a top Pakistan Army general.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC), General Khalid Shameem Wynne, said: “As long as the Kashmir issue remains unresolved, this region is likely to remain unstable.”
“We must therefore continue to find ways and means to find a just solution of the Kashmir dispute as it is only fair to all the people who dwell in this region and the world at large,” Associated Press of Pakistan quoted the general as saying.
Speaking at the convocation ceremony of National Security and War Course and Allied Officers War Course at National Defence University here Wednesday, Wynne said: “…we are combating wholeheartedly the menace of extremism and terrorism prevailing in our society.”
“Self-reliance and pre-eminence of national interests should be our guiding principles,” he added.
- Pakistan military official meets Zardari - Oct 14, 2011
- CENTCOM chief discusses US-Pak military cooperation with Wynne - Apr 08, 2011
- Pak holds nuclear weapons to ensure peace, stability: General Wynne - Dec 16, 2010
- Pakistan's chief of defence staff to visit US - Oct 21, 2011
- Top Pakistan Army officers meet - Aug 11, 2012
- UAE discusses military issues with foreign officials - Nov 15, 2011
- Gilani meets defence chiefs; Kayani talks with Zardari (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- US to supply 85 drones to Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- Pak military indirectly rejects damning US 'war on terror' report, ISI double-game - Apr 27, 2011
- Pakistan successfully test fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistan successfully test-fires Hatf-VII Cruise Missile - Feb 10, 2011
- ISI chief to visit US - Jul 13, 2011
- ISI chief leaves for Washington for day's visit (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- Chidambaram admits failure post Delhi, Mumbai blasts - Sep 15, 2011
- Jammu and Kashmir out of United Nations list - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: allied officers, army general, associated press, chairman of the joint chiefs, chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, chiefs of staff, convocation ceremony, eminence, extremism, general khalid, joint chiefs of staff, kashmir, kashmir dispute, kashmir issue, national defence, national interests, pakistan army, self reliance, staff committee, ways and means