Rediffmail integrates news feeds from Orkut and Facebook into the mailboxJuly 16th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, July 16 (ANI/Business Wire India): Continuing to evolve its offering to meet the changing needs of the users, Rediff.com, India’’s leading online portal added yet another first to its flagship product Rediffmail by introducing feeds functionality from popular social media sites likes Orkut and Facebook into the users Rediffmail inbox.
With the addition of this feature consumers will now be able to register and receive news feeds from popular social networking sites with out actually having to visit them, helping them to keep up-to-date on the activities of their friends and family on the sites.
The objective of introducing feeds into Rediffmail is to help users discover content on social networking platforms which is relevant and useful in an effective and non-intrusive manner.
News feeds within the mailbox will help users to find interesting content like photos, videos and music that their friends and family are sharing on the social networking platforms in their mailbox itself.
Commenting on the launch of this new feature Venki Nishtala, Chief technology officer of Rediff.com said, With email transforming into becoming a dashboard of users activities on the internet, introduction of feeds from social networks into Rediffmail is an evolutionary step in the direction to make Rediffmail a more social email application. The new feature will help users to conveniently, and efficiently keep abreast of the activities of their friends and family on various social networking platforms.
In its launch phase Rediffmail will allow users to receive news feeds from Facebook and Orkut and will soon extend it to cover more social networking sites like Linkedin amongst others.
User can sign up to receive news feed by simply providing their username and password details and Rediffmail will automatically import news feeds from their chosen social networking sites, helping them to engage with their friends more conveniently. Users can choose to use the service just as a way to see what their friends are up to, or for browsing and reading the stuff their friends share and actively engage them through email by sending comments and messages.
How to subscribe to feeds in your inbox:
– Log on to your rediffmail account
– Click on the new tab called feeds in your inbox
– Select the social networking website for which you would like to receive feeds in your inbox
– Enter your username and password and hit go
– That’’s it - You will receive the feeds right in that page
– The same process can be repeated to subscribe to feeds from other social networking website. (ANI)
- Orkut Gets Flooded With Bom Sabado Scrap - Sep 25, 2010
- Facebook to ask users phone details - Jun 15, 2012
- Rediff introduces mobile email service - Oct 20, 2010
- Facebook Email Scam, McAfee Issues Warning - Mar 19, 2010
- Facebook stops 600,000 hacking attempts daily - Oct 29, 2011
- Google launches priority inbox, unveils spam killer - Sep 01, 2010
- 'Hacker' application on Facebook stealing users' personal info - Aug 18, 2010
- Now, access your online accounts at the touch of a fingertip - Dec 18, 2010
- Facebook May Dethrone Orkut In India? - Aug 19, 2010
- New Facebook features not so appealing, says poll - Oct 22, 2011
- Thousands of Facebook users fall for an email scam - Mar 20, 2010
- Lady Gaga launching her own social network - Feb 06, 2012
- Facebook's E-Mail Service is Expected on Monday - Nov 13, 2010
- Despite high popularity, Facebook pulls the plug on 'Breakup Notifier' - Feb 24, 2011
- Microsoft's Hotmail gets a makeover - May 19, 2010
Tags: business wire, chief technology officer, dashboard, evolutionary step, facebook, flagship product, inbox, internet introduction, intrusive manner, launch, linkedin, networking platforms, new feature, news feed, news feeds from, orkut, password details, rediffmail, social networking sites, social networks