Real Madrid to bid for Fabregas should Ronaldo deal fall throughJuly 28th, 2008 - 3:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, July 28 (ANI): Spanish football club Real Madrid has indicated that it may seek the services of Arsenals Cesc Fabregas if it is unable to secure Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United.
Real chiefs have run out of patience with Uniteds stance and Ronaldos refusal to ask for a transfer, so they have made former Barcelona trainee Fabregas their new No 1 target.
Spanish sources are claiming to have made two approaches to Fabregas representatives and were told he wants to stay at Arsenal for at least one more year.
But, as United will testify, Real do not give up easily and will try to prise him away before the August 31 transfer deadline.
The Gunners have had had to fight off repeated attempts by Barcelona to lure Fabregas back to Spain. He was one of the stars of the national team that won the Euro 2008 finals and most Spaniards want to see him back playing in his homeland.
But Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger will not entertain any idea of selling his midfield maestro and will tell Real and Barca he is not for sale.
According to The Sun, Real are also keen on Valencia striker David Villa and have spoken to Hamburg about their midfield ace Rafael van der Vaart.
A fresh enquiry has been made to AC Milan over Brazilian superstar Kaka, while Werder Bremens attacking midfielder Diego is another on the Real hit-list. (ANI)
- Kroenke in fight to keep Cesc - Apr 15, 2011
- Gunners, Barca in bitter bust up over footie wonderkid Toral - Feb 22, 2011
- Mourinho to personally convince Fabregas to join Real Madrid - Dec 31, 2010
- Fabregas will join Barcelona, predicts Messi - Feb 20, 2011
- Chelsea now eyeing 50 million pound swoop for Fabregas - Feb 08, 2011
- Fans hope that Barca will increase offer for Fabregas - Jun 03, 2010
- Fabregas not leaving Arsenal this season: Wilson - Aug 06, 2010
- Allow me to join Barcelona, Fabregas tells Wenger - Jul 18, 2011
- Arsenal puts astronomical 80 million pound 'road-block' price for Fabregas - May 25, 2010
- Arsenal will not allow skipper Fabregas to go: Wenger - Jul 18, 2010
- Wenger, Capello were approached to coach Barcelona in 2001: Gaspart - Aug 03, 2010
- No rift between Fabregas, Denilson says coach Wenger - Jan 20, 2011
- Questions to answer as Barcelona entertain Valencia - Sep 01, 2012
- Wenger to get 55 million pounds for squad overhaul - Feb 20, 2012
- Debt ridden Barca loses hope of snaring Fabregas - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: ac milan, arsenals, chiefs, club real madrid, enquiry, euro 2008, football club real, gunners, hit list, kaka, maestro, manchester united, midfielder, ronaldo, spaniards, spanish football, spanish sources, striker, target, transfer deadline