Rahat Fateh Ali Khan freedFebruary 14th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 14 (IANS) A day after he was detained at the Delhi airport on charges of carrying undisclosed foreign currency, Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was released Monday after interrogation by officials of the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence. Rahat, along with two of his colleagues Maroof and Chitresh Shrivastava, have been asked to appear before the DIR Feb 17, informed sources said.
Rahat was released after an assurance by the Pakistan High Commission that he will cooperate with the probe, the sources added.
However, he will not be allowed to leave India for the time being, the source said.
Rahat was detained at New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport Sunday on his way back to Pakistan after attending concerts and award functions in India. More than $100,000 were recovered from the 15-member troupe.
- Rahat's visa to be extended for probe - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan freed, not allowed to leave India (Night Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat's visa to be extended, Pakistan thanks India for release (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat freed, but asked to stay in India pending probe (Intro Night Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistan minister thanks Chidambaram for Rahat release - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested, to be produced in court (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat's interrogation continues, Pakistan seeks his release (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistani singer Rahat Ali Khan, manager fined Rs. 15 lakh - Feb 20, 2011
- Investigators still quizzing Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat, manager fined Rs.1.5 each - Feb 20, 2011
- Pakistan seeks release of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat's detention upsets some, others tightlipped - Feb 15, 2011
- Pakistan singer Rahat Ali to face Revenue Intelligence in Delhi - Feb 18, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistan concerned over Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's detention in India (Lead, superseding earlier story) - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: colleagues, concerts, delhi airport, fateh ali khan, feb 14, foreign currency, India, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, interrogation, member troupe, New Delhi, pakistan high commission, pakistani singer, rahat fateh ali, rahat fateh ali khan, revenue intelligence, shrivastava