Rahat Ali’s arrest in India ‘conspiracy against Pakistani artistes’, claims Pak MPAFebruary 19th, 2011 - 11:23 am ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 19(ANI): Commenting on Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan’s detention issue, MPA Zobia Rubab Malik has said that Pakistan expresses love towards Indian stars but gets only hatred in return.
Zobia made these comments while talking to media persons outside the Punjab Assembly on Friday, The News reports.
The MPA stated that the arrest of Rahat Fateh Ali Khan in India and related investigations were all part of a conspiracy against Pakistani artistes.
The Government of Pakistan should fully stand by him and make sure that the celebrity returns to Pakistan at the earliest, she added. Zobia also said that whenever India acted against Pakistan’s artistes or players, the ‘Two Nation Theory’ came in her mind.
India had in the past proven its enmity with Pakistan when it acted against Mohsin Hassan Khan, Shakil Siddiqi, Umer Sharif, Adnan Sami Khan, and now it was acting against Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, she alleged.
The Indian Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) released Rahat on Monday, a day after he was detained at New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport for allegedly attempting to leave the country with over 124,000 dollars.
Rahat, however, cannot leave India, as his passport has been impounded. (ANI)
- Pak singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan released, cannot leave India - Feb 14, 2011
- Please don't club me with Rahat: Adnan - Feb 27, 2011
- Rahat mulls legal action against Indian officials - Feb 23, 2011
- Rahat Ali thanks Indian Govt for support, very good treatment during detention - Feb 24, 2011
- Rahat, manager fined Rs.1.5 each - Feb 20, 2011
- Malik asks for details of Pak singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's Delhi airport detention - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistani group protests restriction on India tour - Mar 02, 2011
- India-Pakistan rivalry gets new battleground - reality TV - Jan 25, 2012
- I pay 40 pc of my Indian earnings as taxes: Veena Malik - Mar 20, 2011
- Pak singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested after detention - Feb 14, 2011
- Lollywood against Pak artistes visiting India for fame and money - Feb 22, 2011
- Rahat's detention upsets some, others tightlipped - Feb 15, 2011
- Pak artistes will need Culture Ministry's NOC for foreign shows following Rahat fiasco - Feb 25, 2011
- Rahat's visa to be extended for probe - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat's visa to be extended, Pakistan thanks India for release (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: adnan sami khan, enmity, fateh ali khan, government of pakistan, hassan khan, indian stars, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, lahore, malik, media persons, mpa, nation theory, pakistani singer, rahat fateh ali, rahat fateh ali khan, revenue intelligence, shakil, siddiqi, umer sharif