Racing car rams into crowd, kills four in PakistanDecember 5th, 2010 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
By Awais Saleem
Islamabad, Dec 5 (IANS) A racing event in Pakistan’s Rawalpindi city Sunday evening turned tragic when a car lost control and rammed into the crowd, killing at least four people, including the driver, media reports said.
The race had just started when the driver of one of the cars lost control and broke the security barrier to hit the crowd gathered to witnesses the event, Sama TV reported. The driver and three spectators died on the spot while two others were injured, it added.
“The organisers did not take the requisite permission for holding the event,” Rawalpindi District Coordination Officer Imdad Bosal said.
- Rally car accident kills 3 spectators in Serbia - Aug 20, 2012
- Eight killed at US off-road race - Aug 15, 2010
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Nine convicted for murder of Pakistan Army's surgeon general - Nov 16, 2010
- A supercar that crashed seconds into test drive - Oct 11, 2011
- Speeding truck mows down 15 in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 22, 2012
- Spectator killed, four injured in Dakar Rally (Lead) - Jan 03, 2010
- Desert Race Accident Kills 8, Worst Seen Since Darren J Bullock - Aug 17, 2010
- Jeff Gordon & Burton get into a fight - Nov 09, 2010
- Six killed in Pakistan Sufi shrine blast (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- Lucerne Valley Car Crash Kills Eight, Injures 17 - Aug 16, 2010
- 15 school kids die in Pakistan accident (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Five die in Himachal accident - Aug 01, 2012
- Four killed as car rams into truck - Dec 20, 2010
- One dead, two injured in Delhi road accident - Jul 21, 2012