Quake rocks PakistanMarch 12th, 2012 - 2:55 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 12 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale hit Pakistan’s northern province of Gilgit Baltistan and northwest province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Monday morning.
Earthquake tremors were felt at about 11.30 a.m. in Peshawar, Abbotabad, Gilgit and Swat areas, reported Xinhua.
The epicentre of the earthquake was located at a depth of 10 km in the Kashmir region, said the meteorological department.
A series of aftershocks followed the earthquake creating panic among people, but no loss of life was reported.
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- Quake hits Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan - Nov 07, 2011
- Quake hits Pakistan - Aug 24, 2010
- Quake hits Afghanistan, tremors felt in north India (Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Quake hits Indonesia - Jun 23, 2012
- 5.4-magnitude quake hits northwest Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- No casualty as tremors shake north India - Sep 08, 2011
- 7-magnitude quake rocks Myanmar (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits Pakistan - Jan 24, 2011
- Moderate quake hits Japan - Apr 02, 2012
- 7.3-magnitude earthquake hits Pakistan - Jan 19, 2011
- Earthquake measuring 6.2 rocks Islamabad, upper parts of Pakistan - Feb 28, 2010
- Mild quake in UP, tremors felt in Delhi - Mar 13, 2012
- Strong quake hits Japan - Mar 27, 2012
Tags: aftershocks, baltistan, earthquake tremors, epicentre, gilgit, kashmir, kashmir region, khyber, meteorological department, monday morning, northern province, northwest province, pakistan islamabad, quake rocks, richter scale, swat, xinhua