Qazi judgments would be final and unchallengeable: Sufi MuhammadApril 16th, 2009 - 3:35 pm ICT by ANI
Mingora (Pakistan), Apr.16 (ANI): The Tehreek Nifaz-e-Shariat-e-Muhammadi (TNSM) chief Sufi Muhammad has said that the judgments given by the Qazis appointed in the Swat Valley under the Nizam-e-Adl Regulation cannot be challenged in any other superior courts in the country.
Talking to reporters in Imam Darra area of Malakand region, Muhammad said the Taliban would be urged to lay down arms and live peacefully in the valley.
He said that the ‘peace camps’ would be re-established in Swat.
Muhammad also met the Provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain and both the leaders vowed to work together to establish peace and implement Islamic law in the region following the federal governement’s approval of the Nizam-e-Adl Regulations.
“The government would work with Sufi Muhammad to ensure the success of their peace deal. The Nizam-e-Adl Regulation was a long-standing demand of people of Malakand that has now been fulfilled,” The Daily Times quoted Hussain, as saying. (ANI)
- Pak-Taliban chief says sharia-opposing politicians no longer Muslims - Apr 18, 2009
- Now, Taiban demands repeal of 'Un-Islamic' provisions in Pak constitution - Apr 17, 2009
- Provincial government in Pakistan invites Islamic cleric for talks - Apr 28, 2009
- Terrorism, not Islam is Taliban's prime agenda: NWFP minister - May 06, 2009
- After Swat, TNSM vows to implement sharia law in other parts of Pakistan - Apr 14, 2009
- Zardari signs sharia deal following National Assembly's green signal - Apr 14, 2009
- Qazi courts start functioning in NWFP's Malakand region - Apr 14, 2009
- TNSM decides to extend Darul Qaza deadline infinitely - Apr 24, 2009
- 'No talks with Sufi until Pak Army operation against Taliban is over' - May 11, 2009
- Islamists group to meet Taliban's Pakistan chief (Lead) - Feb 18, 2009
- Pro-Taliban cleric Sufi Muhammad arrested in Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 26, 2009
- Sharia verdicts cannot be challenged in Supreme Court: cleric - Apr 16, 2009
- NWFP government, TNSM decide to keep Swat peace accord intact - Apr 11, 2009
- Pakistan groups Taliban in Black, Grey and White categories - Mar 07, 2009
- Taliban says MNA's opposing sharia regulation will be considered infidels - Apr 13, 2009