‘Punjab’ Taliban claims responsibility for Lahore attackMay 28th, 2009 - 2:11 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 28 (ANI): A relatively unheard terror group, the ‘Tehrik-i-Taliban Punjab’ has claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s Lahore suicide attack in which over 30 persons, including 12 security officials were killed.
According to the Dawn, the claim was made in Turkish-language and was posted on Turkish militant websites through an organization called the Elif Media.
According to SITE, the group which monitors militant activities, the terror outfit said the attack ‘targeted the ‘nest of evil’ in Lahore, and was a ‘humble gift’ to the mujahideen who suffer beneath the attacks of Pakistani forces in Swat.
The Tehrik-i-Taliban Punjab also asked Muslims in Pakistan to stay away from areas where the enemy is ‘taking advantage’ of them, so that they are not harmed by jihadi attacks, SITE stated.
However, a senior investigative officer said the attack was likely the handiwork of Al-Qaeda linked Taliban militants operating from Pakistan’s Waziristan region. (ANI)
- Taliban claim responsibility for Lahore blast - May 28, 2009
- Taliban claim responsibility for Lahore blast, 50 suspects held (Lead) - May 28, 2009
- Pakistani Taliban leader possibly killed in U.S. drone strike - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistani Taliban leader forms splinter group - Jun 28, 2011
- TTP avenged Qari Zafar's death through SIA bomb attack - Mar 09, 2010
- Taliban kill nine policemen in Lahore (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Pak Army rebukes Taliban's claims of returning to South Waziristan - Jun 25, 2010
- Pak Govt. remains ambivalent over taking on terror outfits in Punjab - Jun 23, 2010
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- Dreaded Pak Taliban 'suicide bombing boss' Mehsud killed in US drone attack - Oct 16, 2010
- Pak police arrest three suspected terrorists in Lahore - Mar 07, 2011
- Britain moves order to ban 'Pakistani Taliban' in UK - Jan 19, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban issues video of ISI spy's execution - Feb 20, 2011
- Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's brother killed in Pak - Nov 01, 2010
- LeT, JeM ,Taliban troika posing existential threat to Pak - Oct 16, 2009