Prince Philip wears the pants in the British Royal family homeSeptember 1st, 2008 - 2:53 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sept 1 (ANI): Queen Elizabeth might be ruling Britain, but when it comes to the Royal family, it is Prince Philip who rules the roost.
It was the Duke of Edinburgh, who decided that Princes Charles, Andrew and Edward would be educated at the Scottish public school Gordonstoun.
The 87-year-old also acted as marriage guidance counsellor to Princess Diana after her split from Charles.
Prince Philips frankness has long been appreciated by his grandchildren, which in turn persuaded Prince Harry to promise his grandfather that he would tame his party lifestyle.
According to friends, the 23-year-old Prince vowed to continue the hard-working tradition of senior Royals and insisted that the days of him being photographed falling out of nightclubs are over.
Prince Philips grandchildren often turn to him sometimes over their own parents for advice.
William and Harry might not listen to their father, but if their grandfather said jump, their response would be: How high? the Daily Express quoted royal expert Phil Dampier, co-author of Duke of Hazard: The Wit And Wisdom of Prince Philip, as saying.
The Princes both have a great deal of respect for Philip. Both being in the services, and having seen friends killed, they admire the fact that Philip went to war, whereas Charles never saw any action, he added.
Philip was also seen walking beside his grandsons during Princess Dianas funeral procession.
It was Philip who helped to plan Charless induction into royal life.
The Queen famously described Philip as my strength and stay and that is exactly what he has been during their 60 years of marriage, said Dampier
According to the sources, Philip has advised William to stop dithering over his relationship with Kate Middleton, his girlfriend of more than five years. (ANI)
- William - a prince, a pilot and a patron of charities - Apr 29, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- William weds Kate (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Britain's Prince Philip turns 90 - Jun 10, 2011
- Wiil-Kat 'did not sign a prenup agreement' - May 02, 2011
- Kate will wear ghost of Diana on hand: Ex-butler - Apr 26, 2011
- 'Kate Middleton as popular as Diana' among Brits - Apr 23, 2011
- Kate Middleton to Join Royal Waxworks of Madame Tussauds - Dec 28, 2010
- William, Kate to stay out of public life for two years - Jan 24, 2011
- William wants Kate to be called 'princess' - May 01, 2011
- Kate Middleton to spend 2 yrs learning her role to adjust to royal life - Apr 25, 2011
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Engaged to Marry in London - Nov 19, 2010
- Kate Middleton to ride in Diana's carriage - Mar 22, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Royals feared attack on Prince Charles at Diana's funeral - Jan 17, 2011