President Zardari returns to Pakistan from DubaiDecember 19th, 2011 - 8:09 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 19 (IANS) President Asif Ali Zardari returned to Pakistan’s port city of Karachi late Sunday night after spending two weeks in Dubai for medical treatment, the Geo News reported.
The president arrived in a special plane that landed at PAF base Masror, the largest airbase of Pakistan Air Force (PAF). The plane landed two minutes late.
Zardari was accompanied by his daughter Asifa.
Earlier, the medical team of President Zardari declared him completely fit, allowing him to resume his official duties.
Security was already beefed up from airport to Bilawal House in anticipation of the president’s arrival.
There had been a lot of confusion over Zardari’s health.
Initial reports had said that he had flown out of Pakistan over a heart ailment. While Pakistan Army doctors had declared him fit, a US based magazine said he had suffered a minor heart attack.
Later, some media reports said he had suffered a stroke that caused bleeding in the brain and facial paralysis.
There were also rumours of a military coup.
- Zardari returns to Pakistan from Dubai (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Zardari back in Pakistan, to resume work (Second Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- Zardari back in Islamabad - Dec 22, 2011
- Zardari suffers bleeding in brain, may go to London - Dec 09, 2011
- Zardari talks to Gilani from Dubai - Dec 15, 2011
- Zardari leaves Pakistan, goes to Dubai - Jan 12, 2012
- Zardari's health improving: Gilani - Dec 11, 2011
- Zardari back in Pakistan from Dubai - Jan 13, 2012
- Zardari leaves for Dubai (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Ailing Zardari rushes to Dubai, refutes resignation rumour - Dec 07, 2011
- Zardari to be released from hospital Thursday - Dec 14, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Nine militants killed in Pakistan air base attack (Third Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: airbase, anticipation, army doctors, asif ali zardari, bleeding in the brain, confusion, dubai, facial paralysis, geo news, heart ailment, heart attack, initial reports, islamabad, medical team, medical treatment, military coup, minor heart attack, pakistan air force, pakistan army, two minutes