President, V-P and PM greet people on occasion of Durga PujaOctober 6th, 2008 - 9:34 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 6 (ANI): President Pratibha Devisingh Patil, Vice President M. Hamid Ansari and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have greeted the people on the occasion of the festival of Durga Puja.
On the auspicious occasion of Durga Puja, I send my warm greetings to all my fellow citizens and wish them happiness and prosperity. Durga Puja symbolizes the triumph of truth, righteousness and virtue over evil. May this great festival inspire us to walk on the path of rectitude and tolerance and build a society in which peace and harmony always prevail, President Patil said.
Ansari said that this festival is celebrated across the country with religious fervour and enthusiasm and extended his greetings and good wishes to the people on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra which is celebrated with intense fervour and zest.
Dussehra celebrates the triumph of the forces of good over evil. The traditional festivities and rituals of Dussehra reaffirm our faith in the sublime and universal values in life and inspire us to strive towards a just, peaceful and harmonious society, he said.
Dr. Singh said that India has an age-old tradition of celebrating Dusshera and Durga Puja both symbolising the triumph of good over evil.
The activities centering around these festivals symbolise our rich cultural heritage and are an inspiration for a life of righteous action, he added. (ANI)
- President, PM greet nation on Dussehra, Durga Puja - Oct 05, 2011
- Dussehra being celebrated throughout India - Oct 17, 2010
- President Patil greets people on Durga Puja - Oct 14, 2010
- President greets the nation on Durga Puja - Oct 03, 2011
- President greets nation on Dussehra - Oct 16, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- Vice President Hamid Ansari greets nation on Dussehra eve - Sep 27, 2009
- Dussehra greetings to all Indians from President Pratibha Patil - Oct 16, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Durga Puja - Oct 06, 2008
- Vice President Hamid Ansari greets the nation on Dussehra eve - Oct 16, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Nov 04, 2010
- President, PM greet nation on Onam - Sep 08, 2011
- Patil, Ansari greet nation on 'Makar Sankranti', 'Pongal' - Jan 13, 2012
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Holi - Mar 18, 2011
Tags: auspicious occasion, cultural heritage, dr singh, durga puja, dussehra, dusshera, good over evil, hamid ansari, harmonious society, manmohan, manmohan singh, peace and harmony, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rectitude, religious fervour, traditional festivities, universal values, warm greetings, zest