Pranab Mukherjee says Centre will improve facilities for Haj pilgrimsApril 2nd, 2008 - 9:53 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr 2 (ANI): Close on the heels of complaints of inadequate arrangements and indifferent attitude of some state-run agencies for Haj pilgrimage, the Central Government on Wednesday assured that it would improve facilities being provided to Haj pilgrims.
I can assure you that whatever shortcomings have been pointed out by you will be addressed. We will try to improve the situation, External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said at the annual Haj conference here.
Mukherjee admitted that on certain occasions it is not possible to get the best available facilities for the Haj pilgrims.
Before Mukherjees speech, the Haj committee members had raised issues of indifferent attitude of Air India officials towards the pilgrims, unavailability of the holy ‘zam zam’ water and no parity in arrangements for Hajis.
The Civil Aviation Minister, Praful Patel, said that Indore would be the new embarkation point for Haj pilgrims in Madhya Pradesh. (ANI)
- India pays Rs.600 crore as Haj subsidy annually - May 08, 2012
- Haj subsidy to end in 10 years, rules Supreme Court (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- Gilani to oust Religious Affairs Minister over defective Haj arrangements - Nov 21, 2010
- Muslim clerics, leaders welcome apex court ruling on Haj (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Valid passports must for Indian Haj pilgrimage from 2012 - May 22, 2012
- 125,000 pilgrims to be covered under Haj subsidy - Jul 20, 2012
- Record number of Indian pilgrims head for Haj - Oct 12, 2010
- First flight of Haj pilgrims arrives in Srinagar - Nov 30, 2011
- Arrangements in place for Haj pilgrims: Civil aviation ministry - Sep 16, 2010
- Apex court backs women tour operators on Haj quota (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Remove Haj subsidy in 10 years, SC tells government (Third Lead) - May 08, 2012
- UP to wrap up arrangements for Haj pilgrims by Sep 11 - Sep 03, 2012
- VIP quota for Haj pilgrimage cut by apex court (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Muslim League wants PM to streamline Haj pilgrimage - Jun 15, 2010
- Remove Haj subsidy in 10 years, SC tells government (Second Lead) - May 08, 2012
Tags: air india, central government, civil aviation, committee members, embarkation point, external affairs minister, external affairs minister pranab mukherjee, haj committee, haj pilgrims, indifferent attitude, New Delhi, occasions, parity, pilgrimage, praful patel, pranab mukherjee, shortcomings, unavailability, zam zam water