Prachanda says Nepal favours one China policyFebruary 15th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Feb.15 (ANI): Nepal Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal a.k.a. Prachanda has said that his country is in favour of a one-China policy.
Conveying this view during a meeting with a delegation of the Communist Party of China (CPC) on Sunday, Prachanda said Nepal would not allow any activities in Nepali soil that threaten Chinese sovereignty.
According to nepalnews, Prachanda discussed bilateral relations and Chinese investment in Nepal at the meeting held at his Baluwatar residence.
The Chinese delegation, which was led by Liu Hongcai, deputy head of the International Department of the CPC Central Committee, lauded the ongoing peace process in Nepal.
According to Prime Minister’’s foreign policy advisor Hira Bahadur Thapa, Prachanda told the Chinese delegation that he would visit China within this year.
The Chinese delegation is on a tour to three South Asian nations - Nepal, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
The delegation will also attend the eighth general convention of the CPN (UML) in Butawal. (ANI)
- Nepal committed to one-China policy, says Prachanda - Feb 16, 2009
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- Khanal, Prachanda cabinet portfolio talks end inconclusively - Apr 13, 2011
- Prachanda on one-China policy - Feb 26, 2009
- Voting for new Nepal PM today - Jul 21, 2010
- Fourth round of Nepal prime ministerial election today - Aug 06, 2010
- Conflict between parties delaying Nepal's cabinet expansion: Experts - Feb 14, 2011
- Nepal PM urges Koirala to support govt's decision to sack Army Chief - Apr 28, 2009
- Chinese vice-premier begins Nepal visit amid bribe scandal - Sep 11, 2010
- Chinese embassy faces protests over bribe row - Sep 07, 2010
- Third round of Nepal prime ministerial election today - Aug 02, 2010
- Nepal Maoists allege India behind Chinese bribe tape - Sep 05, 2010
- India accused of spoiling Maoist chances in Nepal - Sep 12, 2010
- Chinese delegation to Nepal submits draft of new Friendship Treaty - Feb 27, 2009
- China moves to pre-empt fresh Tibetan stir - Feb 15, 2009
Tags: bilateral relations, china policy, chinese delegation, chinese investment, chinese sovereignty, communist party of china, cpc central committee, dahal, deputy head, favour, favours, foreign policy, hira, kamal, liu, peace process, pushpa, south asian nations, thapa, uml