Prachanda says foreign forces creating trouble in Terai districtsJanuary 30th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
Kathmandu, Jan 30 (ANI): Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda has alleged that international forces have been making trouble in Terai districts by creating a number of factions.
Addressing a gathering here on Thursday, Prachanda claimed the foreign powers are playing with the fluid situation in Terai districts.
The gathering included party’’s central leaders, members from state committees and party-near intellectuals - all from the Madhesi community.
The Maoists have called for broader consultation on the issue as some of the Terai based groups have been instigating unrest in the south without concern for national interests,
Speakers at the gathering underlined the failure of the Maoists to keep up its influences in the Terai after the Jana Andolan II.
They have also expressed concern that movements across the country have been diverted to ethnic demands instead of class struggle.
According to Nepalnews, the speakers suggested the party to ensure proportional representation of the Teraian community in bureaucracy, commissions, government media and other sectors and to declare a few well known personalities from Terai districts as national heroes to win the support from the south. (ANI)
- Prachanda orders security heads to beef-up Terai district - Jan 31, 2009
- Protests in Nepal over parliament extension - May 29, 2011
- Nepal's 2010 marred by political duels - Dec 31, 2010
- Nepal takes rocky road to reservation - Jan 29, 2009
- Nepal Maoists not alone in buying MPs, says ex-minister - Sep 06, 2010
- India accused of spoiling Maoist chances in Nepal - Sep 12, 2010
- Will 13 prove lucky for Nepal's new PM? - Sep 05, 2011
- Prachanda claims ethnic support in PM poll - Aug 23, 2010
- Nepal government caught between federalists, royalists - Apr 26, 2011
- Nepal Muslims give ultimatum to Maoist government - Mar 10, 2009
- New PM fails to emerge from Nepal's poll labyrinth (Lead) - Aug 23, 2010
- Violent clashes, arson mark shutdown in Bengal's Terai, Dooars (Lead) - Apr 23, 2012
- Maoists set to build a new political mainstream in Nepal: Prachanda - Sep 18, 2010
- Madhesi leaders ask Prachanda to stop obstructing parliament - May 12, 2009
- Kathmandu to hire 3,000 Maoists, rebels ridicule move - Apr 16, 2010
Tags: andolan, bureaucracy, central leaders, class struggle, commissions, factions, fluid situation, government media, intellectuals, jana, maoists, national heroes, national interests, personalities, prachanda, prime minister, proportional representation, s central, state committees, unrest