Prachanda on one-China policyFebruary 26th, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by admin
Kathmandu, Feb 26 (ANI): Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda today reiterated Nepal’s commitment on one-China policy.
During a meeting with visiting Chinese delegation led by Assistant Chinese Foreign Minister Liu Jieyi at his office, Prachanda proposed that the Chinese government should support the construction of 400 MW Narsinghgad hydro-power project in Jajarkot.
He also urged the Chinese government to help Nepal in infrastructure building and development of Special Economic Zones (SEZ).
Nepalnews quoted Om Sharma, the press advisor of Prachanda as saying, the Chinese side was positive on the proposals.
Prachanda also told the delegation that he wanted to make his China visit a historical one and set a milestone in the Sino-Nepal relations. Prachanda is scheduled to visit China in the second week of April. They will sign a Peace and Friendship Accord during the visit.
The delegation will meet Home Minister Bam Dev Gautam, Foreign Minister Upendra Yadav, Defense Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa and other high-level government officials.
The Chinese delegation’s visit comes ahead of possible pro-Tibet demonstrations in Kathmandu in March, when Tibetans will observe their 50th Uprising Day. This year China is commemorating the golden jubilee of its direct rule on Tibet. (ANI)
- Chinese delegation to Nepal submits draft of new Friendship Treaty - Feb 27, 2009
- Prachanda says Nepal favours one China policy - Feb 15, 2009
- Nepal putting China before SAARC? - Feb 06, 2010
- Nepal committed to one-China policy, says Prachanda - Feb 16, 2009
- Nepal seeks strong economic ties with China (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- China surges ahead with economic diplomacy in Nepal - Aug 18, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- China offers security aid to Nepal - Dec 03, 2008
- Chinese vice-premier begins Nepal visit amid bribe scandal - Sep 11, 2010
- Nepal PM arrives in China, seeks to boost economic ties (Lead) - Dec 26, 2009
- Tibetan origin woman held for trying to get fake Nepali passport - Aug 01, 2011
- Nepal PM begins China visit - Dec 26, 2009
- Nepal FM on visit to China to reduce trade imbalance, enhance regional peace - Sep 08, 2009
- After India, China to send special envoy to Nepal - Feb 22, 2009
- Nepal PM to revisit China May 2: report - Apr 22, 2009
Tags: bam, china policy, china visit, chinese delegation, chinese foreign minister, chinese government, chinese side, defense minister, economic zones, gautam, golden jubilee, government officials, home minister, hydro power, level government, nepal relations, prachanda, thapa, tibet, upendra yadav