PPP wants Nawaz to apologise for keeping Zardari in jail over ‘fake cases’November 23rd, 2010 - 3:14 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Nov 23 (ANI): The Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Punjab has asked Pakistan Muslim League-N (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif to apologise to the nation for keeping President Asif Ali Zardari in jail for eleven and a half years by lodging fake cases against him.
Addressing a press conference, PPP Punjab Information Secretary Dr Fakharuddin Chaudhry, Iqbal Sialvi and Athar Shah said that the Sharif brothers’ wrongdoings had been exposed through the audio recordings that surfaced in the media, the Daily Times reported.
Nawaz and Shahbaz should apologise to the nation for having been involved in wrongdoings against the PPP co-chairman, they added.
Fakharuddin demanded the Chief Justice of Pakistan, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, take suo moto action against all the people involved in lodging fake cases against Zardari.
He said that in case Nawaz did not accept his faults, then the entire nation would hold him accountable for his corruption.
The PPP leader said that it was Zardari’s greatness that he pardoned all of his rivals, including the Sharif brothers. The President had not only forgiven all his opponents, but also proved it by adopting the policy of reconciliation, because of which there was no political prisoner in any jail, he added.
When questioned why the PPP was not going to court against the Sharif brothers, Fakharuddin replied that his party believed in an independent judiciary, and that the judges had already taken many suo moto actions on different important issues. (ANI)
- PPP asks Nawaz Sharif to account for 'embezzled' 300mn rupees - Nov 23, 2010
- 'Tamed' NAB not pursuing corruption cases against Zardari as well as Sharifs - Mar 15, 2011
- Pak politician threatened for disclosing government-banned organizations nexus - Nov 22, 2010
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
- PPP gives in to PML-N's charter of demands - Jan 10, 2011
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Whole nation will besiege Pak Parliament if Taseer's assassin given death sentence: ST - Jan 10, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif deems himself Pak Prime Minister despite being out of power! - Jan 29, 2011
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Zardari, Musharraf worked together in 'harmony': Sharif - Jun 27, 2010
- PML-N lashes out at Zardari-led govt over ever-increasing corruption, inflation - Nov 19, 2010
- PPP demands suo moto in Saifur Rehman audio-tape issue - Nov 21, 2010
- 'PML-N a "pro-American" party', Nawaz, Nisar told US envoy: WikiLeaks - Dec 01, 2010
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,