PPP strong enough to foil conspiracies, says GilaniJuly 12th, 2010 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, July 12(ANI): Pakistan Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani has said that the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) is strong enough to foil all conspiracies.
“The PPP has come to power through a democratic process and after rendering sacrifices, and as such, it is in a position to frustrate any conspiracy against it,” The Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying.
“The solution to our problems lies in democracy, which should be strengthened in order to ensure a brighter future for the country,” he added.
He also referred to the sacrifices rendered for democracy and the country by former Prime Ministers Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benazir Bhutto, and other PPP office bearers.
“Because of these sacrifices, democracy will continue and the country will not face any danger,” Gilani said.
The Prime Minister further said that at present there was a vibrant activism of parliament, judiciary and media in the country.
“We all should work together with the spirit of understanding. By remaining within one’s ambit there is no danger of any clash,” Gilani said. (ANI)
- No clash if institutions stick to statute, says Gilani - Dec 27, 2011
- PPP a party of the masses, says Pakistani PM - Jun 25, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
- Pak Govt. not in "confrontation with any state institution": Gilani - Mar 15, 2011
- Pakistan parliament passes resolution supporting Gilani (Night Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Pakistani PM on suicidal warpath, says daily - Jan 18, 2012
- Clash of state institutions would lead Pakistan to dictatorship: Gilani - Jan 25, 2010
- Zardari vows to defend democracy - Jun 22, 2011
- Benazir' assassination probe report will be made public: Gilani - Dec 27, 2010
- Reopening Zulfikar Ali Bhutto case will strengthen Pak judiciary: Awan - Apr 02, 2011
- Rahul, Bilawal have much to share - Apr 07, 2012
- PPP not to unveil Benazir Bhutto assassination report - Apr 04, 2011
- Pakistani PM vows supremacy of parliament - Jun 23, 2012
- PPP leaders laud Awan's resignation to plead ZAB retrial case - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,