PPP leaders anxious about Bilawal Bhutto’s securityMarch 27th, 2009 - 4:49 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Mar. 27 (ANI): Pakistan People’s Party leaders are concerned about the security of party chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, who is currently in Pakistan to attend the joint session of the Parliament and the death anniversary of his late grandfather Zulfikar Ali Bhutto.
Bilawal Bhutto has been moving across the country publicly leaving people quite surprised.
He was spotted shopping in the Clifton and Defence area, and also stepped out of his bulletproof vehicle in Larkana to buy fruits from a local stall.
Senior party leaders are concerned about his security being handled by the same people who were responsible for Benazir Bhutto’s security prior to assassination.
Bilawal plans to meet party leaders and consult them on party and government affairs.
Sources said Bilawal is keen to bring back old party leaders into the decision-making process, is also having reservations about some government affairs.
Party cadres are happy to see Bilawal active in the country.
“I am not worried about the party’s future. Bilawal Bhutto is our chairman and the party will unite under his leadership,” a senior party worker told The News. (ANI)
- Rahul, Bilawal have much to share - Apr 07, 2012
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Rahul accepts Bilawal's invite to visit Pakistan - Apr 08, 2012
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- PPP will honour Salmaan Taseer's memory by continuing his mission: Bilawal Bhutto - Jan 07, 2011
- Bilawal's Facebook fans discuss India trip - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Bilawal Bhutto 'secretly' studying law in Britain - Jul 06, 2012
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Zia's remnants trying to malign Zardari, children by using Benazir banner': PPP - Nov 24, 2010
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Zardari returns to Pakistan (Third Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: ali bhutto, benazir bhutto, cadres, death anniversary, decision making process, fruits, government affairs, joint session, karachi, larkana, leadership, moving across the country, pakistan, parliament, party chairman, party leaders, shopping, zardari