PPP defers decision on Prime Ministerial candidateMarch 6th, 2008 - 6:55 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, Mar 6 (ANI): The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) on Thursday deferred a decision to announce the name of the partys Prime Ministerial candidate.
The party was likely to nominate Makhdoom Amin Fahim as its candidate for the post.
According to the leaders who attended a meeting at the residence of PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari, the meeting ended without discussing the merits of the four main contenders.
The consultation process will continue, Fahim told reporters.
PPP leaders said that Zardari told them that before taking any final decision he would discuss the issue with them in small groups.
The legacy of Benazir Bhutto must be fulfilled, and the party and democracy must be strengthened. Individuals come and go, but parties have to live on, the Dawn quoted Shah Mahmood Qureshi, one of the other contenders, as saying. (ANI)
- PPP nominates Shahabuddin for prime minister's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Zardari picks Shahabuddin as Pakistan PM - Jun 21, 2012
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Boss' Zardari forces Gilani to delay trimming cabinet - Dec 12, 2009
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- Bilawal to take up 'some political responsibility' in September: Zardari - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- 'Zia's remnants trying to malign Zardari, children by using Benazir banner': PPP - Nov 24, 2010
- Shahabuddin dropped, Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP's new PM hopeful (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: amin, asif ali, benazir bhutto, co chairman, consultation process, contenders, dawn, democracy, fahim, final decision, legacy, merits, pakistan peoples party, prime ministerial candidate, qureshi, shah mahmood, small groups