PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM raceJune 22nd, 2012 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 22 (IANS) The Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and its allies Friday requested Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman to withdraw his candidature from the prime ministerial election, Geo News reported.
However, Rehman said he would consult his party leaders before giving his assent.
PPP leader Khursheed Shah met Rehman at his residence to convey the request.
Shah said they requested Rehman to withdraw his name from the election in favour of the PPP candidate, Raja Pervez Ashraf.
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Shahabuddin dropped, Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP's new PM hopeful (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- Fazlur Rehman rejects Malik's request to rejoin Pak coalition govt - Dec 29, 2010
- JUI-F hints at rejoining Pakistan People's Party government - Dec 27, 2010
- Pakistani leader opposes commission on Osama killing - Jun 13, 2011
- JUI-F chief offered to mediate between US, Taliban during 2007 India visit: WikiLeaks - Apr 01, 2011
- Another setback to PPP-led Pak govt as JUI-F demands Gilani's resignation - Dec 29, 2010
- Blasphemy Law bill should 'immediately be withdrawn' from Pak NA: JUI-F - Jan 09, 2011
- Pakistan People's Party fails to persuade JUI-F to rejoin ruling coalition - Dec 16, 2010
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011