PPP and PML-N coalition in Punjab may end soonJanuary 1st, 2009 - 6:31 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 1 (ANI): The PPP and Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) political tie-upin Punjab province is all but over.
PPP sources were quoted by the Dawn, as saying, It appears that both major parties have reached to the point of no return in normalisation of relationship. In Punjab the PPP is no longer in a mood to tolerate the PML-N government.
The PPPs Punjab leadership has briefed the Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari about the stalement and even discussed the possibilities of an alliance with the Pakistan Muslim League (Quaid) in the province.
The PPP and PML-N coalition was formed in March 2008. The PML-N had won 59 seats out of 147 while PPP got 45 in February 2008 elections.
With 28 seats, PML-Q is strongly placed and can claim the chief minister’’s slot in case its forward bloc comes back to its fold.
President Zardari is reportedly keen to take the provincial leadership on board before allowing Punjab governor Taseer to strike a deal with the PML-Q. (ANI)
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Politics takes new turn as PPP-PML-N gap widens in Punjab - Jan 03, 2009
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- Fahim says PPP, PML-Q may ally - Jan 26, 2009
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Raja Pervez Ashraf is PPP candidate for PM's post (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- PML-N lashes out at Zardari-led govt over ever-increasing corruption, inflation - Nov 19, 2010
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- PPP, PML-N dash hopes of PML-Q in Pak Punjab - Jan 25, 2009
Tags: 2008 elections, asif ali zardari, chief minister, dawn, forward bloc, normalisation, pakistan muslim league, pml n, point of no return, political tie, possibilities, ppp, provincial leadership, relationship