Powerful blast rips apart 100-year-old mosque, shrines in FATAJuly 15th, 2010 - 1:28 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, July 15 (ANI): A powerful blast ripped apart a mosque and some other shrines in Landi Kotal tehsil of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas’(FATA) Khyber Agency on Thursday morning.
According to reports, some unidentified miscreants triggered the blast destroying the Masjid-e-Ishkhel, besides ruining some other shrines located within the boundary wall of the mosque.
No casualties were reported in the attack on the 100-year-old mosque till last reports were filed.
The caretaker of the mosque said that hundreds of devotees visited the shrines destroyed in the blast regularly.
No group has claimed the responsibility for the explosion, Xinhua reports. (ANI)
- Blast damages 100-year-old Pakistani mosque - Jul 15, 2010
- Two kids killed in Pakistan blast - Dec 31, 2011
- 16 killed, dozens injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Two NATO oil tankers destroyed in bomb explosion in Pak's Khyber region - Mar 04, 2011
- Eight killed in Pakistan blast - Jun 16, 2012
- Girls' schools blown up in Pakistan's Khyber tribal region - Mar 25, 2011
- Militants bomb CD shops in northwest Pakistan - Nov 12, 2011
- Eight NATO tankers destroyed in Pakistan blast - Jun 08, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- NATO choppers violate Pak airspace in FATA - Dec 12, 2009
- Two govt schools blown up in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province - Mar 26, 2011
- Tailors held in Pakistani town for refusing orders - Jul 20, 2012
- Two govt-run schools blown up in northwest Pakistan - Mar 05, 2011
- Militants blow up school, set ablaze tankers in Pakistan - Apr 05, 2010
- Terrorists blow up school in Pakistan - Nov 11, 2011