Polygamist in Pakistan thrashed by wives for planning 5th marriageJanuary 6th, 2011 - 2:55 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 6 (ANI): A man in Pakistan was beaten up by two of his wives for allegedly conducting a secret marriage with a fourth, and for planning to marry a fifth.
According to the Telegraph, polygamist Mian Ishaq was reportedly attending a friend’s wedding reception with his third wife when his first two spouses, identified as Mehvish and Uzma, arrived at the place.
The two women showed up with relatives and reportedly began overturning tables and threatening Ishaq’s life, before attacking him with their shoes until police hauled them away.
Uzma told the press that her husband deserved to be beaten.
“We know that he is trying to marry a fifth time, and he should be publicly humiliated for his behaviour,” AOL News quoted her as reportedly saying.
But Ishaq says the number of his wives has been greatly exaggerated — adding that his first two wives have filed for divorce and are trying to force him to sell his home.
According to UPI, he called their accusations “a blatant lie”.
“I am willing to swear on my life that I only have three wives,” he stated. (ANI)
- South Africa's President Zuma planning to marry for fifth time? - May 03, 2011
- Kenyan man dubbed "Danger" passes away leaving behind 100 widows - Oct 05, 2010
- Obama's polygamous half brother in Kenya ties the knot with teenager - Oct 16, 2010
- Dead man with 100 wives gets Facebook page to reunite family at funeral - Oct 13, 2010
- British woman's Indian hubby cannot enter country: Court - Dec 17, 2011
- Nigerian raped to death by five wives - Jul 25, 2012
- Lady scolds Bieber for swearing - Jul 28, 2012
- Man marries 107 women, fathers 185 kids - May 13, 2011
- Kanye West Cancels 'Today Show' Due to Matt Lauer Interview - Nov 12, 2010
- Would you let an airline play matchmaker for you? (The Funny Side) - Jun 15, 2012
- Charlie Sheen set to 'marry' both lovers! - Mar 06, 2011
- Charlie Sheen plans to marry both girlfriends - Mar 07, 2011
- Briton keeps two wives for 20 years, exposed - Jun 24, 2012
- Man in Pakistan to marry twice in 48 hours (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Pakistan's blasphemy laws misused: Daily - Feb 01, 2012
Tags: accusations, aol news, divorce, fifth time, ishaq, marriage, mian, pakistan, polygamist, relatives, secret marriage, shoes, telegraph, three wives, two wives, two women, upi, uzma, wedding reception