Police placate diplomat who attacks copOctober 5th, 2011 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 5 (IANS) A Pakistani policeman assaulted by a Polish diplomat here watched in shock as his seniors served tea and snacks to his attacker in a bid to calm him down.
The bizarre incident took place when the diplomat beat up a traffic policeman who had asked him for his car documents to issue him a ticket in a busy Islamabad district, The Dawn reported Wednesday.
Police sources said their colleague Mohammad Ishaq asked Gerzy Bogusz, deputy defence attache at the Polish embassy, not to park in a no-parking zone. His car had a local license number plate.
The adamant diplomat refused and instead abused the policeman. He also came out of the car, held the policeman by his collar and went on to slap, kick and punch him. He also spat at the officer.
But as angry onlookers came to the policeman’s rescue, the frightened foreigner took refuge in his car.
The 50-year-old victim then radioed for help.
At the police station, Bogusz proved his diplomatic identity. And then, senior officers “profusely apologized to him and served him refreshment while the diplomat went on cursing the police and journalists”.
- BJP legislator's son shot dead in UP - May 08, 2012
- Russian cop kills man over parking dispute - Mar 24, 2012
- Delhi Traffic Police chief upset with VIP law breakers - Feb 07, 2011
- Traffic cop books legislator, summoned by house panel - Dec 19, 2011
- Pakistani border police charged with rape at check post - Jun 10, 2012
- Constable fires at cop in UP police station - Apr 09, 2012
- Delhi cop who caused man's death arrested - Mar 03, 2012
- Police check-post attacked in Islamabad - Jul 07, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq violence - Jun 18, 2012
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- Delhi cop who 'shoved' elderly man suspended - Mar 01, 2012
- Constable dead as gun misfires - Mar 07, 2011
- Man held for impersonating as cop - Mar 20, 2011
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Israel attack: Indian 'journalist' nabbed (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: attacker, bizarre incident, colleague, cop, defence attache, diplomat, foreigner, ishaq, islamabad district, journalists, mohammad, oct 5, onlookers, parking zone, police sources, police station, polish embassy, refreshment, snacks, traffic policeman