Police detain 20 suspects as Karachi death toll rises to 27January 15th, 2011 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Jan 15(ANI): Police have detained twenty suspects from Bukhari colony of Orangi Town in Karachi after a fresh wave of targeted killings and armed attacks in the city claimed 27 lives.
According to police, they conducted a door-to-door search operation in Bukhari colony, and arrested 20 suspects, SAMAA TV reports
In addition, the police also began snap checking in Gulistan-e-Johar, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Metroville, Malir and other tense areas in the city.
In the wake of tension prevailing in several parts of Karachi, Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani called up various political leaders, including Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain and Awami National Party (ANP) President Asfandyar Wali Khan, in a bid to quell the latest wave of violence in the city.
Gilani discussed the prevailing law and order situation of Karachi with Asfandyar, Altaf, Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah and Federal Interior Minister Rehman A. Malik.He also directed the Interior Minister to fly to Karachi to restore peace in the country’s commercial hub, and appealed to all political leaders to jointly work in sync to solve the prevailing crisis. (ANI)
- Karachi violence continues, toll rises to 77 (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Karachi killings' toll rises to 39 - Jul 07, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills three Pakistani Rangers - Dec 10, 2011
- 16 killed, 24 wounded in Karachi target killings ahead of by-polls - Oct 17, 2010
- Five more fall prey to Karachi violence during last 12 hours - Apr 27, 2011
- Journalist among 14 killed in Pakistan violence (Second Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Shoot at sight orders in Karachi as violence toll mounts - Jul 08, 2011
- Toll in Karachi riots rises to 73 (Second Lead) - Aug 05, 2010
- Gilani rules out military operation as Karachi continues to burn - Aug 05, 2010
- Election violence leaves at least 41 dead in Karachi - Oct 18, 2010
- Five killed, 18 hurt in another Pakistan Navy bus attack in Karachi - Apr 28, 2011
- Karachi violence death toll rises to sixteen in 24 hours - Mar 21, 2011
- Nine killed, many inured in Karachi violence - Jan 30, 2010
- Karachi continues to bleed as target killings claim 30 more lives, death toll rises to 73 - Oct 20, 2010
- Six killed in Karachi violence - Jul 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,