PML-Q women want Pakistan to talk with TalibanMay 30th, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 30 (IANS) Pakistan should take a cue from Afghanistan and try to hold talks with the Taliban for restoring peace in the country, the Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) women’s wing said Monday.
“If they (Americans) are holding talks with their opponents (Taliban) in Afghanistan, then why should not Pakistan?” PML-Q women’s wing president Farukh Khan was quoted as saying by Online news agency.
“But we must keep in mind that negotiation should be held with those who are real Taliban and not with those involved in killing innocent people, children and women,” she said.
On the reported US-Taliban talks, Farukh Khan said the world would witness peace if the talks proved to be successful.
“Peace can defeat violence and war is no solution to issues,” she said.
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Pak NA body categorically rejects bill implying country's sovereignty needs protection - Jan 22, 2011
- Reopening NATO routes in Pakistan's interest: PM - Jul 05, 2012
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- Ready to give up presidency: Zardari - Jan 11, 2012
- Rockets fired at Pakistani politician's house - Aug 20, 2012
- Resume NATO supplies, Karzai tells Pakistan - Feb 17, 2012
- PPP, PML-Q strike power-sharing deal - May 02, 2011
- 'India, Pak should use SAARC summit 'goodwill' to resolve issues' - May 09, 2010
- Govt. compromising on Kashmir issue under US pressure: Pak MNA - Jul 02, 2010
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Pakistan on the brink of economic collapse, says PML-Q - Jan 22, 2011
- Pak Senators 'up in arms' against Clinton's 'dire consequences' diatribe - May 11, 2010