PML-Q sets conditions for power-sharing deal with PPP in PunjabFebruary 5th, 2009 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb. 5 (ANI): The Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) has set several conditions for a possible alliance with the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) in Punjab, a private TV channel has claimed.
The channel quoted a close aide of PML-Q President Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain as saying that the party had set certain terms for a possible power-sharing deal with the PPP, including dissolution of the Punjab Government.
PML-Q Punjab President Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi said his party would decide whether to support the PPP or the PML-N on the basis of the Supreme Courts verdict in the eligibility case of PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif and Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
Elahi confirmed talks between the PPP and the PML-Q, and termed PML-Ns recent behaviour as arrogant.
Separately, Shujaat denied reports of his meeting with Nawaz Sharif in London, while adding that he would not approach anyone for the unification of the PML.
Meanwhile, PML-N Information Secretary Ahsan Iqbal claimed that his party had the numerical strength to prevent any misadventure against the Punjab government. He said his party enjoyed a majority in the Punjab Assembly even without the PPP. (ANI)
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Nawaz, Shahbaz Sharif defaulters in nine Pakistani banks - May 17, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- 'Bankrupt' Pak Punjab Govt. has no money to pay salaries to employees: PML-Q - Jun 04, 2010
- Meeting between Zardari, Nawaz expected soon: Raja Riaz - Nov 25, 2010
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
- PML-N lashes out at Zardari-led govt over ever-increasing corruption, inflation - Nov 19, 2010
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: ahsan, dissolution, elahi, hussain, information secretary, iqbal, lahore, misadventure, nawaz sharif in london, numerical strength, pakistan muslim league, pakistan peoples party, pml n, ppp, private tv channel, punjab chief minister, punjab government, shahbaz sharif, supreme courts, unification