PML-Q calls for release of sacked Pak Chief justiceFebruary 11th, 2008 - 4:45 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, Feb 11 (ANI): The pro-Musharraf Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid has appealed to the Pakistan Government to release deposed Chief Justice Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry, other judges and senior lawyers, politicians and members of the civil society to create a conducive environment for free and fair elections.
Supreme Court Bar Association (SCBA) president Aitzaz Ahsan, Justice (retired) Tariq Mehmood, Ali Ahmed Kurd, Munir A. Malik and other lawyers and political workers should be released immediately and restrictions on the movement of deposed judges of superior courts should be lifted to help create a peaceful atmosphere, PML-Q secretary general Mushahid Hussain Syed reporters.
Deploring the manhandling of protesting lawyers by police in Islamabad on Saturday, Hussain described it as unnecessary and unfortunate.
He urged all political parties to initiate dialogue for national reconciliation after the elections to formulate a political agenda for curbing terrorism and extremism.
Commenting on the controversy over Scotland Yards report into the assassination of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) leader Benazir Bhutto, Hussain said that even if a reinvestigation is conducted by the United Nations, the same Scotland Yard would be given the task because the world body do not have investigation team of its own.
It would be pertinent to mention here that the Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) has announced a total boycott of the whole judiciary till February 18. (ANI)
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Gilani pays lawyer for service - May 01, 2012
- Chaudhry is Pakistan's 'constitutional' chief justice: SCBA president - Oct 29, 2008
- Musharraf 'shedding crocodile tears', says ex- Pak SCBA chief - Sep 19, 2009
- Pak lawyers to stage sit-ins protest across the country - Aug 25, 2008
- Zardari, Gilani, Musharraf felicitate Asma on winning SCBA presidential election - Oct 28, 2010
- Apex court sets terms for bar election (Lead) - Sep 26, 2011
- Pakistan attorney general turns abusive in Supreme Court - Jun 15, 2012
- Pak lawyers bodies rift weakening movement to restore sacked judges - Jul 21, 2008
- Aitzaz, Ali Ahmad Kurd stop from entering SC main gate - Oct 20, 2008
- Apex court stays bar association resolution on membership (Lead) - Jan 19, 2012
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- Article 248 provides Pak president special immunity against court cases - Nov 06, 2009
- Zardari has immunity: Pakistani PM's lawyer - Jan 18, 2012
Tags: aitzaz ahsan, benazir bhutto, conducive environment, investigation team, justice iftikhar mohammad chaudhry, mehmood ali, mushahid hussain, musharraf pakistan, national reconciliation, pakistan government, pakistan muslim league, pakistan peoples party, pbc, peaceful atmosphere, pml, scba, scotland yard, superior courts, supreme court bar, tariq mehmood