PML-N has given grace period to PPP to implement 10-point agenda: SanaullahJanuary 11th, 2011 - 6:14 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 11(ANI): Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah has said the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) had given a grace period to the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) government to implement the 10-point agenda given by the party chief Nawaz Sharif.
Addressing the media in Lahore, Sanaullah said the PML-N was not hopeful that the PPP would change its behaviour, but gave them a chance to correct themselves.
“If we have to put the country on the path of development, then the rulers must act upon the decisions of courts,” the Daily Times quoted Sanaullah, as saying.
Sharif had earlier given a 72-hour ultimatum to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani to agree to key reforms, or face expulsion from the government in Punjab province.
The PML-N chief said that he was putting forward a shorter form of the PML-N’s agenda to the government for implementation within 45 days keeping in view the government’s weakness.
He also emphasized that if the government failed to translate the PML-N’s proposed agenda into reality by February 20, the PML-N would take other opposition parties on board on the same agenda.
“If other opposition parties do not agree or commit with us on our agenda, a stronger government would be needed through fresh mandate to implement it,” Nawaz had said.
“We have decided to give a three-day ultimatum to the PM to either say ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to our proposed interim agenda. If the prime minister accepts our demands, the government will have to implement it within 45 days and the PML-N would support him in its execution,” he had added. (ANI)
- Nawaz Sharif gives Gilani 72 hour ultimatum on reform - Jan 05, 2011
- PML-N all set to dump PPP in Punjab over 10-point reforms agenda - Feb 21, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Pak govt. seriously implementing 10-point reforms agenda: Gilani - Feb 07, 2011
- Sindh Home Minister warns PML-N against anti-PPP move - Feb 21, 2011
- PPP gives in to PML-N's charter of demands - Jan 10, 2011
- PML-N wants PPP govt. to complete its term: Nawaz Sharif - Jan 11, 2011
- PPP gives PML-N 24-hour deadline to implement 19-point agenda in Pak Punjab - Feb 07, 2011
- PPP terms PML-N decision to end alliance in Punjab 'sad day for democracy' - Feb 27, 2011
- PML-N ends alliance with PPP in Pak's Punjab province due to 'unfulfilled promises' - Feb 26, 2011
- Coalition with PPP intact but political crisis not over yet: PML-N - Jan 10, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PPP has never given, accepted deadlines: Pak Law Minister - Feb 21, 2011
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,