PM to inaugurate Civil Service Day todayApril 21st, 2008 - 10:04 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, Apr 21 (ANI): Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh will inaugurate the third Civil Service Day here today.
The theme for this year’s Civil Service Day is ‘Innovations in Administration’.
The Prime Minister will give away the ‘M Award for Excellence in Public Administration’ for the year 2006-07. The awards will be given to 13 outstanding initiatives from different States, Ministries and organizations.
Dr. Singh will release a commemorative postal stamp on Civil Service and inaugurate an exhibition on ‘Innovations in Administration’ and books written by civil servants.
The Prime Minister will also release a book on ‘Innovations in Administration’ titled “Splendour in the Grass” compiled by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances. The book covers various innovations successfully tried out by different Ministries or Departments, State or UT administrations and national and international organizations.
Further, a film, ‘Making a Difference’ which is a collage of innovations undertaken across the country, will also be screened.
After the inauguration, the technical session will commence with a talk by comptroller and auditor General on `Decision Making in Government: Role of Audit’. This will be followed by three parallel panel discussions on ‘Recruitment and Training in Civil Service’; ‘Performance Appraisal of Civil Servants’ and ‘Readiness of Civil Service to meet current challenges’.
The day is being observed by all the Central Civil Services to rededicate and recommit themselves to the cause of the people.
It provides a unique opportunity for introspection as also chalking out future strategies to deal with the challenges being posed by changing times. The day is being celebrated since 2006. (ANI)
- PM to inaugurate 'Civil Services Day' tomorrow - Apr 20, 2011
- PM to inaugurate Civil Service Day tomorrow - Apr 20, 2010
- Vice President Ansari to inaugurate Civil Services Day tomorrow - Apr 20, 2009
- Vice President Ansari to inaugurate Civil Services Day today - Apr 21, 2009
- No witch hunt, take bold decisions: PM to bureaucrats (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Prime minister to give away awards to civil servants - Apr 20, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to inaugurate conference of chief secretaries - Feb 04, 2011
- Secretaries to explore ways to improve governance in India - Feb 03, 2011
- Manmohan Singh seeks bureaucrats cooperation to fight corruption - Apr 21, 2011
- Manmohan Singh for urgent action to root out left-wing extremism - Apr 21, 2010
- No witch hunt, PM assures civil servants - Apr 21, 2012
- PM, President laud army for dealing with challenges - Jan 15, 2011
- Pakistani daily questions civil awards - Mar 26, 2012
- PM to open anti-corruption meet Friday - Oct 20, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to confer awards to Panchayati Raj institutions today - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: administrative reforms, civil servants, civil service, collage, comptroller and auditor general, different ministries, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, government role, inauguration, introspection, manmohan, manmohan singh, panel discussions, performance appraisal, postal stamp, public administration, public grievances, service performance, technical session