PM delivers letter from Sonia to Suu KyiMay 29th, 2012 - 2:11 pm ICT by IANS
Yangon, May 29 (IANS) Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Tuesday delivered a letter from Congress president Sonia Gandhi to Myanmar’s pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi, inviting her to deliver the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial lecture.
Manmohan Singh handed over the letter during his over 45 minutes talks with her at the Hotel Sedona here.
Suu Kyi said she was willing to take up the invitation.
Manmohan Singh is in Myanmar on a three-day official visit that ends Tuesday.
- Manmohan meets Suu Kyi, hails India ties (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Manmohan meets Suu Kyi - May 29, 2012
- Suu Kyi lauds India ties after meeting Manmohan (Second Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Suu Kyi told PM about `difficulties' - May 30, 2012
- PM leaves for Myanmar - May 27, 2012
- An India-educated democracy beacon in Myanmar - May 29, 2012
- PM arrives in Myanmar - May 27, 2012
- India invites Myanmar's Suu Kyi - Jul 23, 2011
- India congratulates Suu Kyi on election win (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Trade, connectivity top PM's Myanmar agenda - May 24, 2012
- Aung San Suu Kyi - also a style icon - May 29, 2012
- Suu Kyi to help Myanmarese migrants in Thailand - May 30, 2012
- Cameron to meet Suu Kyi in Myanmar - Apr 10, 2012
- India congratulates Suu Kyi on poll win - Apr 03, 2012
- PM's Myanmar agenda: Imphal-Mandalay bus link, trade (Lead) - May 24, 2012
Tags: aung san suu kyi, congress president sonia gandhi, democracy leader, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, invitation, jawaharlal nehru, manmohan, manmohan singh, memorial lecture, myanmar, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, san suu, yangon