PlaySpan selected by AlwaysOn as an OnHollywood 100 top private company Award WinnerJune 12th, 2008 - 9:45 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 12 (ANI/Business Wire India ): PlaySpan, the game industry’s first publisher sponsored in-game commerce network, today announced that it has been chosen by AlwaysOn as one of the OnHollywood 100 Top Private Companies.
The OnHollywood 100 is a list of the top private emerging technology companies in digital entertainment and media.
PlaySpan was handpicked by the AlwaysOn editorial team based on a set of five criteria–innovation, market potential, customer adoption, media buzz and investor value creation. The pool of candidate companies was nominated by leading venture capitalists, investment bankers and industry analysts.
PlaySpan along with the rest of the OnHollywood 100 will be honored at the OnHollywood & BRiM event at the Sofitel Hotel in West Hollywood , California .
This year’s OnHollywood 100 represents the brightest of the innovators in the new media space. We are enthusiastic about gathering the leaders in a collaborative environment that fuses these two industries together, culminating in the richest, most progressive conversations on Hollywood’s digital movement, said Tony Perkins, founder and CEO of AlwaysOn.
The gaming industry’s first publisher sponsored in game commerce network, PlaySpan helps online game publishers leverage the burgeoning market of microtransactions of virtual goods.
PlaySpan’s ease of use and seamless integration with gaming interfaces makes it the simplest management tool for virtual economies, as well as the best defense against gold farming, fraud, and other exploitative user behavior. PlaySpan earned this prestigious award from AlwaysOn because of its business solutions and superior end user product.
Our success has been the result of our game integration and the comprehensive microtransaction platform we provide online game publishers looking to further harness and enrich their virtual worlds, said Karl Mehta, CEO of PlaySpan Inc. This award is also proof of the superiority of our end user product because without the respect and trust of players we would not be here. (ANI)
- US aid to transition from cash to electronic form - Aug 25, 2012
- Adplayin' partners with PlaySpan for in-game commerce in Japan - Mar 01, 2008
- PlaySpan named winner of Red Herring Top 100 North America 2008 - May 28, 2008
- Now, an iPhone app that can read minds! - Jan 14, 2011
- 50 Cent to launch gambling game - Apr 25, 2012
- Deccan Chargers tie up with Mojostreet - Apr 16, 2012
- Angry Birds game now on Facebook - Feb 15, 2012
- Google launches unified digital content store - Mar 07, 2012
- Ganesha, Hanuman on an island - only in Facebook's Karma Kingdom - Aug 03, 2011
- Now, 3D glasses that adjust what you view according to your mood - Jan 10, 2011
- Roblox Has Now Over 1 Million Users - Aug 12, 2010
- Virtual partner better for workouts - May 23, 2011
- World Economic Forum calls for business innovation - Jan 26, 2012
- WSF to launch online squash game - Oct 10, 2011
- World chess champ Anand launches Ramco OnDemand ERP 2.0 in Delhi - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: alwayson, award winner, business wire, candidate companies, commerce network, customer adoption, digital entertainment, editorial team, emerging technology companies, game industry, industry analysts, innovation market, investment bankers, media buzz, onhollywood, private company, today announced that, top private companies, value creation, venture capitalists